Configure a Slack app and your Axero intranet to set up this integration. With the Slack integration set up, you will be able to connect your organization's Slack account to your Axero Intranet and send a content notification or view activity in your top level community in a selected Slack channel.
1. Navigate to Slack API page. On this page click sign in to your Slack account
2. The next screen will show the sign in page. Enter your credentials
3. You will receive an email from Slack with a 6 digit code. Enter the code.
4. Next screen will show you your workspace. Click on it and re-navigate to Slack API page
5. Click Create an App
6. If you have previously created Slack Apps, you'll instead click Create New App from within your API library:
7. On the following pop-up select From scratch
8. On the next pop-up Name app and Select a workspace. Click Create App
9. The app will now be created. On the Basic Information page that opens next, scroll down and copy App Credentials. Save them for later.
10. Enter Display Information Fields and click Save Changes
After successfully connecting the Slack app to Axero (Above Section), to push space activity into Slack Channels do the following:
1. On the Slack API page for your new app. On the left hand side, click Incoming Webhooks
2. Activate Incoming Webhooks. Select Add New Webhook to Workspace
3. Click AllowThe next screen will show the added Webhook. Copy the URL and save it for later.
Navigate to your Slack App.
Slack can be configured to work at Top level or in a Space. To integrate Slack in a space, click Manage Space - Integrations - Add Connected Account.
1. Click Webhooks
2. Click Add Webhooks - Slack
3. Fill in the followingDisplay Name: Give Integration a name. This will be shown on the Slack messagesConnected Account: Choose account from dropdownWebhook URL: Paste Webhook URL.Notification Template: Choose template of your choice.Save Settings: To save the settingTo find Webhooks URL, go back to Slack API page and select Incoming Webhooks.4. Scroll to the bottom of page and copy the Webhook URL
5. Next screen will show the Slack Integration
Once setup users will start receiving message alerts in Slack like shown
You can add multiple channels in the same app.
After connecting the Slack app to Axero, you can send notifications for content to Slack through the custom notification feature:
1. Go to your Slack API page for your newly created app and select OAuth & Permissions.
2. Scroll down to Redirect URLs and click Add New Redirect URL.
3. Add your new URL following this pattern: https://YourURLHere/oauth2/Slack/callback (replace YourURLHere with the domain of your Communifire site)
4. Click Add and then click Save URLs. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CLICKED SAVED URLS AFTER THIS STEP, IT IS EASY TO OVERLOOK.
5. In Communifire go to Control Panel>System>System Properties
6. Search for SlackApiClientSecret & SlackApiClientID
7. Enter the value for each property (These were saved in your setup of the Slack App in the above section).
8. In Control Panel > Content > Notification Permissions
9. Select the Role you want to enable Slack notification.
10. Now when notifying users of content the Slack option appears:
11. The following modal will appear. Then click Connect to Slack:
12. Click Allow.
13. The full notification modal will show now.
You have the option to select a Slack channel of your choice. Utilizing your connected Slack account, you can include a personalized Slack message within the chosen channel. This message can include a link and a content summary (if applicable), positioned below your message for enhanced communication effectiveness.
Related: Notifications for Content
Each person has the option to revoke access to their Slack account, whenever they choose.
is requesting access to a wiki that you have locked: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/5/communifire-documentation/wiki/view/87683/slack-administration-setup
Your session has expired. You are being logged out.