You can use Axero's email infrastructure to send outgoing emails to your users, in which case, please submit a Private case to the Axero support team and they will configure the SMTP settings below. In this scenario, emails sent from the platform will come from your custom friendly name, but from an Axero domain name - e.g., email@example.com via cfire.co. If you would like to remove the "via cfire.co", our email infrastructure does support custom domain impersonation with open and click tracking for a premium, please contact Support or your Customer Success Manager for more information.
You may choose instead to leverage your own email infrastructure, in which case you can modify the SMTP settings below according to your requirements. This would allow you to send emails from the platform from your own custom domain name.
Email settings are for outgoing and incoming emails:
1. Login to your https://portal.azure.com/ account.
2. Open Azure Active Directory.
3. Open App Registrations.
4. Click New Registration.
5. Give a name to registration.
6. Select "Accounts in this organizational directory only"
7. Click Register.
8. On the next page (Overview) save the Client ID and Tenant ID.
9. Click Authentication, then Add platform, then select Web.
10. Enter in a Redirect URL with the following format: https://YOUR_URL/oauth2/sharepoint/callbackThen click Configure.
11. Click Certificates and Secrets, then New Client Secret, enter a description, choose a duration for how long it will be valid, then click add.
12. IMPORTANT: Copy the value of the secret and save it somewhere as it will only be accessible upon creation.
13. Click on API Permissions, then click Microsoft Graph, then search and select each of the following APIs and update permissions:
Retrieve the Tenant ID, App Client ID, App Client Secret for your O365 app
1. Open up settings:
2. Enter in the information needed and click Save:
3. Press Connect:
4. Choose Microsoft account to send emails from:
5. Save system settings at the bottom:
Microsoft Active Users Setup:
1. For the user account that is selected to send emails, go to the admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home
2. Click Active Users, select User with account, click Mail, click Manage Email Apps.
3. Check Authenticated SMTP box.
Enable case reply via email
Click Save System Settings to save settings.
Emails not sending with our organization's mail server
If you've added your own mail server in Communifire and emails aren't sending, you may need to whitelist the Axero IP address.
Microsoft Exchange Server - Service not available, closing transmission channel
If you use a Microsoft Exchange Server for email sending, you may receive the following exception in Communifire:
Email Sending Failed. Reason: Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.4.2 Message submission rate for this client has exceeded the configured limit
To fix this issue, execute the following command in Exchange Management PowerShell:
set-receiveconnector -identity connector -MessageRateLimit unlimited
Images are not included in emails by default to ensure maximum security of your files
Prioritizing security, we do not show images from your site in emails (discussions, cases, tasks, badges and broadcasts) by default. This way if the email is forwarded or the content is copied your images are not exposed to people without access.
However we do offer an alternative that strikes a balance between security and functionality. If you choose to enable images in emails on your site, the system generates encrypted keys embedded within the image URLs, allowing recipients to view images without needing to be logged in. It's crucial to be aware that if an email or image link is shared externally, there's a risk of unauthorized access to the images.
To implement this secure sharing of images in emails, while acknowledging the associated risks, you can enable the 'ImagesInEmail' System Property.
is requesting access to a wiki that you have locked: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/5/communifire-documentation/wiki/view/22190/email-settings
Your session has expired. You are being logged out.