Loading ...

Additional Getting Started Task Types | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Suggestions and Feedback » Additional Getting Started Task Types
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Suggestions and Feedback

Additional Getting Started Task Types

Subscribe to RSS
  • jroark

Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to add Additional or customized Getting Started Step Task Types? From what I can tell you can add additional steps, but only for the Task Types that are pre-programmed in. It would be helpful if we had an option to add a custom action type for something like "Custom Task 1" Task Name "Visit _____ Page" where we could provide a link to a specific page. 

Specifically I am interested in adding one that says something like "Check out your Required Reading". We're currently hiring and on-boarding a lot of remote users, and it would be nice to be able to point them to some information early on and get them familiarized with that area. 

If I can do this, and I have just missed something I apologize!

Thank you,
    Jeff

• gskamau

Hi Jeff,

It isn't possible to add custom actions in Getting Started Steps. Our team will take this enhancement into consideration for future versions of Communifire.

Grace

• jroark

Thanks for your quick reply Grace.

Jeff

• gskamau
    Answered

Hi Jeff,

As an alternative, you can add a note above the Getting Started Steps widget.

To do this, go to Control Panel > System > Dynamic Properties and edit the MyAccountRightSidebarTop property. Enter the content and activate the property. Note that the property will be visible to all users, not just new users.

Below is code to create the widget in the screenshot.

<div class="axero-widget">
    <div class="axero-widget-header">
    <h3>New Users</h3>
    </div>
    <div class="axero-widget-content axero-widget-content-padded">
    <p>Check out your required reading to see important content. Just click the Required Reading link on the left.</p>
    </div>
    </div>

You can also create a required reading article that lists the suggested actions for new users.

Grace

• jroark

Thanks for the suggestion! That's not a bad idea. I may give that a shot. I'm testing a solution using roles and active directory security groups to assign new content to users automatically for a limited number of days, but the required reading article isn't a bad idea either. 

Thank you for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)