Loading ...

Space Permissions & Design Customizations | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Space Permissions & Design Customizations
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Space Permissions & Design Customizations

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi Bernadette,

The screenshot you shared is of the User / Space Assignment Rules area. Don't change the rules and set the site wide role to All. If you did, everyone on your site would be added to those spaces.

Could you share the name of a person who should see all the spaces? This will help us troubleshoot why the spaces aren't visible.

Grace

• Hi Grace,

All Staff members should be able to see all Public (now private) spaces with the exception of the Board and Committee spaces.

All Staff should be able to see all of the Spaces below:

• UpTogether Team Pages

• Membership & Communications

• Policy & Practice

• Executive Team 

• Finance

• Human Resources

• Engineering

• Partnerships & Revenue

• Support Team Staff

• Also, I am confused. I viewed the video content that was submitted and followed the instructions for the User /Space Assignments rules. 

I need a rule for EACH space correct?

Need clarity.

• Hi Bernadette,

Is Jakisha Blackwell one of the staff members? I logged in as Jakisha Blackwell and was able to see the spaces on the homepage.

Is there a specific user who isn't able to see the spaces on the homepage? Which user?

I need a rule for EACH space correct?

Yes. If you want people to be added to a space automatically based on their role and email domain, you need a separate rule for that space.

Grace

• Grace - why can't I see all departments?

Yes - Jakisha is a staff member. 

• Hi Bernadette,

It looks like you aren't a member of some of those spaces. Please go to each space and join the space. To do this, visit a page in the space that isn't the space homepage, such as the Files section, and a green banner will appear at the top of the page. Click the "Join this space" link in that banner.

Grace

• I thought that we have removed all the "request to join" buttons.  

Out of curiosity - If I am a Site Admin - why am I unable to see all Spaces?

• Hi Bernadette,

I've hidden that "Join the space" link.

The spaces are private so you need to be a member of the space. Your site admin role allows you to go into the spaces and view them, but to make the spaces to display on the homepage for you, you need to be a space member.

Grace

• Thank you.

A team member reached out to me with an issue. See attached.

Did this happen when all Spaces were made private? Do we need to now adjust any permissions because of the change?  

Attachments
  • Hi Bernadette,

This is unrelated to spaces. Please go to Control Panel > People > User Section Permissions and check the Edit permission for the Member role. The Edit permission allows people to edit their own profile.

Grace

Page 7 of 7 (160 items)