Loading ...

Space Permissions & Design Customizations | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Space Permissions & Design Customizations
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Space Permissions & Design Customizations

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi Bernadette,

2- Yes, create a new space Page Builder page in Manage Space > Page Builder > Add Page.

3- This functionality has been added. The content menu is now hidden on the user profiles of people who are Board Members

For your reference, I added the following code in Header Scripts in Control Panel > System > General Settings > Header and Footer Scripts.

<script>
       /*Hide the content menu in the user profiles of Board Members*/
       var urlParts = document.URL.split("/");
       if(urlParts.length >= 5 && urlParts[3] == "people") {
          var profileUsername = urlParts[4];
          $.ajax({
             type: "GET",
             url: `/api/users/byusername/${profileUsername}`,
             contentType:"application/json; charset=utf-8",
             success: function(response){
                $.ajax({
                   type: "GET",
                   url: `/api/users/${response.ResponseData.UserID}/roles`,
                   contentType:"application/json; charset=utf-8",
                   success: function(response){
                      var found = false;
                      var profileRoles = response.ResponseData;
                      for(var i = 0; i < profileRoles.length; i++) {
                         if(profileRoles[i].RoleID == 6) { //Board Member role
                            $(".axero-profile-navigation-mycontent").hide();
                            found = true;
                         }
                         if (found) break;
                      }
                   }
                });
             }
          });
       }
    </script>

Grace

• #2 - So this means I have to build a brand new page. Start all over? frown

• Brand new Space?

• Hi Bernadette,

You don't need to create a new space. The new page will "reside" in the Executive Team space. The new page will contain just a People widget, listing the specific people you mentioned.

I created an example page in a private test space on your site so you can see what it looks like: https://thehub.uptogether.org/spaces/36/axero-test-space/custom-people If you'd like, you can edit that page and move it to the Executive Team space.

Grace

• (1) Can you walk me through the edit to transition your example?

(2) Regarding Articles and Files that are on the Space, what are the best options to archive information once it is outdated?  We want to keep Articles/Blogs (files and records) and have the content searchable as well. 

Is there a way to transfer the information seamless from the Article/Blogs to Files?

• Hi Bernadette,

1- Follow these steps to move the page:

1. Open the page.
    2. Click the black element on the far right of the page, then click Edit Page.
    3. In the Details pane on the left, change the Space to Executive Team.
    4. You may also want to change the Page Name, Page URL, and Meta Title. (The Meta Title is in the Meta Fields section.)
    5. Then click Publish changes to save changes.

2- You can set an expiration date for the content. When you set an expiration date on content, there will be a checkbox to control whether the content remains visible after it expires or not. Leave this checked to allow the content to be searchable after it expires.

To enable content expiration in a space, go to Manage Space > Space Settings and enable Content Expiration.

Then when you create or edit content, there will be an expiration date field in the right column.

If you want to turn an article into a file, you must do it manually. There isn't a built-in way to do this.

Grace

• #1 - Yes. This is what I did yesterday and it didn't work. I retraced with your instructions above and it is still not working.

#2 - Ok, thanks......

#3 - (NEW) Circling back to our previous discussion, we would like to move forward with making all Spaces private (so that the National Board of Directors and Committee Spaces/Subspaces will not have access to the other spaces). See questions below.

QUESTION A

Follow up to a previous message below: Is there a faster/quicker way to do this (see red text below) with a JavaScript code. Can we bulk “join” staff into their individual team spaces and all other public spaces. I would like to avoid staff being asked to “join” public spaces. Please advise.

Previous response from Grace: Some of the other spaces are public - Engineering, Executive Team, Finance, etc. Currently, Board members would be able to access these spaces - they can view the space and the space content would appear in search for them. To change this, you'll need to make the public spaces into private spaces. Note that once you do this, anyone who needs access to those spaces and their content must join/be added to the space.

QUESTION B

Follow up to a previous message below: If we make all Spaces private, will this ELIMINATE the bullet items below? Board will NOT be able to see My Activity Stream and space content, etc.?   

Previous response from Grace: The workaround would be to redirect Board members away from the public spaces that they shouldn't access. If a Board member tries to view a space or content that they shouldn't view, they will be directed to the National Board space. This workaround has the following limitations:

• Public space content will still appear in My Activity Stream. On the Activity Stream page, Board members would see the content name, summary, and comments.

• Public spaces and space content will still appear in search. On the search page, Board members would see the space names, space descriptions, content names, and content summary.

Please let me know the next steps to initiate changes.

• See attached...

Attachments
  • I would like to remove the "Join this Space" button from the entire intranet. It is way too confusing.

Is this attached reply still relevant? 

• I would like to remove the "Join this Space" button from the entire intranet. It is way too confusing.

Is this attached reply still relevant? 

• Answered

Hi Bernadette,

You can add the following CSS to hide that "Join this Space" button:

.axero-space-menu .axero-space-page-options li[id$=liJoinSpace] {
        display: none;
    }

Thanks,
    Raghav

• Circling back...... 

• Thank you!

• Hi Bernadette,

It looks like you were able to move and update the example page. Do you need any additional help with this page?

Is there a faster/quicker way to do this (see red text below) with a JavaScript code. Can we bulk “join” staff into their individual team spaces and all other public spaces. I would like to avoid staff being asked to “join” public spaces. Please advise.

Yes, you can use User Space Assignment Rules to automatically add people to specific spaces. The rules are based on the top level role and/or email domain. Go to Control Panel > People > User / Space Assignment Rules and create the rules. You can refer to the User Space Assignment Rules page for additional information.

If we make all Spaces private, will this ELIMINATE the bullet items below? Board will NOT be able to see My Activity Stream and space content, etc.?

Once all the spaces are private, Board members will not see content from those spaces in My Activity Stream or in search. Board members will still be able to view My Activity Stream. They will only see content from their spaces.

To make all the spaces private, follow the steps below.

1. Go to Control Panel > Content > Spaces.
    2. In the "Select visibility" menu, select Public.
    3. Click Go.
    4. For each space in the list:
      1. Click the "manage" link. This will open the Manage Space area for that space.
      2. Click Space Settings.
      3. Set the Visibility to Private.
      4. Click Update Settings.

Grace

• No Grace --- adding that page didn't work. I deleted it and tried adding a People Directory. That's not working either.

• Hi Bernadette,

I created the page again, this time in the Executive Team space: https://thehub.uptogether.org/spaces/9/executive-team/Executive-Team-Directory-2

You can the page listed in Manage Space > Page Builder of the Executive Team space now. https://thehub.uptogether.org/spaces/9/executive-team/manage/page-builder

Since you want to list a set of specific people who don't have a shared attribute that no one else has (such as space membership or a profile field), I used a Content List widget and the Custom Featured Template instead of a People widget.

Grace

• I've had a conversation before about keeping blogs, articles and announcements in an archival capacity.

Is there a way to create a button in the navigation menu on the left bar where we can store old blogs, articles, etc. to retrieve at a later date. A place where they can live "forever" and be searchable?   

• I would like to schedule a 30 min consultation. Thanks. 

• Hi Bernadette,

One of our team members will reach out to you separately for a consultation.

When you use the Content Expiration feature to archive content and check the "Show content after expiration" setting, the content remains searchable and can be accessed via the space menu on the left, just like regular content.

For example, an expired article remains in the Articles section of a space, just like a regular, non-expired article. Does this meet your requirement?

Grace

• Grace - thank you for all of your help!!!!

(1)  I accidentally deleted both of the Executive Team directories. I couldn't figure out how to recover them. Can you please reinstate for me. (Apologies)

(2) With the Content Expiration - if I "do not" use the Content Expiration feature, are files still searchable after the "publication date" has expired? Meaning - will it still work the same way with just the publication date?

Is there a benefit of setting an "expiration date" if content is still searchable after the "publication date" has expired?

(3) Can you help me figure out why all staff have "Executive" in their profile box? I know that it's something simple but I can't seem to remember and can't find it to make the corrections.

(4) Can you help me figure out why we have duplicate or double names in the system?  See attached screenshot.

(5) Regarding the private Board page changes - when we make all publics Spaces private - what happens when a new space is created or when new staff are hired? Will this new workaround have to be adjusted to each new situation or be manually updated? Or will the workaround automatically incorporate the new space and new staff?

• Hi Bernadette,

You're welcome!

1- The Executive Team directory pages have been restored. For your reference, deleted Page Builder pages cannot be restored from within the site. You can reach out to our team to restore pages.

2- The publication date controls when the content will be visible. So for example, if you create an article and set the publication date to tomorrow, people won't see the article until tomorrow. After that, the publication date is not used. The publication date has nothing to do with expiration or archiving.

The expiration date allows you to archive content.

3- The "Executive" you see is the department field. I edited the Edit Profile page on your site and added the department field (visible to site admins only). You can now edit a user's profile and update their department field: open the user's profile, click the black element on the far right, then click Edit Profile.

4- The users with duplicate names have their full name in the first name field. How did these users join the site? Google SSO?

5- When you make a new space, you'll have the option to make it a private or public space. Select private space, and the space content will be visible to only people who join the space.

New staff should join/be added to the appropriate spaces.

Grace

• HELP! - When I made all spaces "private", it removed them from the Home Page. How can they be accessed now? At the moment, no one has access to their page?  

• Hi Bernadette,

1. Edit the homepage and edit the "Departments" space widget.
    2. Set the visibility to "All" and check "User spaces". This will list all the spaces the logged in user is a member of.
    3. Then save the widget and page.

Grace

• Ok - I've done this but why am I unable to now see all Spaces if the role is set to 'member". Am I missing something?

Attachments
  • I have made the user assignments. As a member - I should be able to see ALL Spaces correct. 

Should the "site wide role" be ALL if staff need to see all Spaces?

Page 6 of 7 (160 items)