Loading ...

User not receiving email notifications | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » User not receiving email notifications
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

User not receiving email notifications

Subscribe to RSS
  • A user has recently noticed starting yesterday that he is no longer receiving an email notification when a case is assigned to him. The user is Colin Plante and he's frequently assigned cases from the Innovation space of our portal and relies on them to assist staff.

The notification is received as expected through the intranet just not getting an email.

We tried between 9:15 and 9:30 am to assign case #6700 to him. No email notification was received.

Can you please assist?

• Hi Tobi,

I can check in on this for you. Is the user receiving any other emails from Communifire? Are any other users in that space getting the assigned case emails properly?

Thanks,
    Foster 

• He is receiving other emails from Communifire. For example when he logged a new case to report the issue he got one and when I commented on it he did.

I just had a case assigned to me #6646 and I received the email notification as expected.  Between 9:45 and now.

• Hi Tobi,

Can you please create a test case and assign it to him now? If the email does not go through again, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi,

Sorry for the late response. We were tied up in meetings. I logged a case and assigned it to Colin about 3 hours ago #6720 and he just confirmed with me that he did not get an email notification.

• Hi Tobi,

Did you create the case, then assign it to him, or assign it to him when it was created?

Also, is there a reason that Colin does not have the moderator space role even though he already as the Admin role in the space?

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi,

I created the case and assigned it to him at the same time. But creating it and having someone else assign it to him would be normal practice and that's what he would have reported on. So both ways don't work.

No reason - Is it best practice that if you are admin that you also have moderator role?

• Hi Tobi,

Case notifications are traditionally tied to the Moderator role. May I assign him the moderator role and have you test again? 

Note that your permissions look to be set up correctly, so if adding the Moderator role fixes the issue, this is likely a bug.

Thanks,
    Foster

• I can go in and assign him that role and then I will send another test case and see what happens. I will try creating it first and then assigning it.

• Thank you Tobi, please let me know what happens. 

Also, I know it's a slim chance, but please have Colin check his spam folder as well to make sure these emails are not getting caught there for any reason.

Thanks,
    Foster

• I have tried what you suggested and just waiting for Colin to respond.

I did ask about his them being in his spam folder but he assured me they are not.  He is one of our IT guys so he's checked everything he could on his end.

• Colin just confirmed no emails have been received even after the change to make him moderator.

• Just wondering if there is anything new on this. Colin is still experiencing the issue.

• Hi Tobi,

I just tried to send a test email to Colin. The subject of the email is 'Test email from Axero Customer Support'.

Can you please confirm if this email was received?

Thanks,

Atul

Atul Ahuja
  • Morning Atul,

Colin received the test email you sent.  We tried going about this another way.  Colin created a test case #6782.  I received a notification email. Then he went in and actually assigned it to me - I did not receive an email notification.  Just a notification within the intranet.

Should we not be receiving email notifications when a case has been assigned to us?  So with this info it's not just Colin but seems to be impacting other users. 

Email notifications are being received when the status is changed. FYI

This test between Colin and myself was completed around 9:30 am CST

• Good Afternoon,

I'm just following up on this to see if there's anymore information you can share since I provided you with some additional findings. Please advise.

Tobi

• Hi Tobi,

I was able to confirm that email notifications aren't sent when a case is assigned to someone who isn't a recipient of the case. A user can become a case recipient if they comment on the case or someone adds them as a recipient.

In your testing, you weren't a case recipient, so you weren't notified via email when Colin assigned the case to you.

I've asked our development team to update this behavior so the assigned user gets an email notification in addition to the in-platform notification. We'll let you know when this is fixed.

Grace

• Thanks Grace!

• Answered

Hi Tobi,

Just an update - our development team has updated case behavior so the assigned user gets an email notification in addition to the in-platform notification. Your site will receive this fix in its next update, which should be toward the end of the month.

Grace

• Thanks Grace - that's great news!

Tobi

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)