Loading ...

Updating events but .ics not updating | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Updating events but .ics not updating
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Updating events but .ics not updating

Subscribe to RSS
  • I just received an email that stated that when we are updating events on the communifire platform they are not updating our .ics events on Outlook. I thought this was happening before, but now it seems to not function. 

It also seems this particular event has 708 invitees and that is more than we currently have on the site. I think this is related to the Calendar Sync issue as it sent out an invite from my colleague Jarret as well as the organizer. 

Here is the event link: https://ccpstaff.org/spaces/12/ccp-announcements/events/details/364

Perhaps deleting it would solve these issues for now, but please advise as to what we do with this in the future so that the invite in people's .ics updates. 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

After the event is updated, do users receive the time change email sent by Communifire? Are users re-adding the event to their Outlook calendar using the ICS file attached to the time change email?

When an event is updated, a new ICS file is created. Users should add the updated ICS event to their calendars. The existing ICS event isn't automatically updated.

Grace

• Grace, 

This is what I received when she changed the event? There is no ICS attached. 

• Hi Rebecca,

Since you have your Outlook calendar connected in My Calendar, you won't receive event time change emails and other event-related emails from Communifire. The event time change email (Communifire.Event.ChangeTime.Notification) comes with an updated ICS file. The email you received is the Communifire.Follow.EntityUpdated.Notification email.

Did users who don't have Outlook connected receive a time change email from Communifire?

Grace

• I've checked with some others and it looks like they didn't receive an updated email with the time change. And when the time change went out, I didn't have my calendar connected, because I didn't want to keep sending out random invites. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)