Loading ...

Calendar Sync | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Calendar Sync

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi, 

I've recently synced my calendar to the site and started receiving all the responses on an event I was attending. I am not the creator of the event, but I received all the RSVPs in my email and bounce backs. I didn't see this prior to my integration yesterday. The specific event is "Pause and Reflect." And it happened with all those events. I also realize that with these particular events were put in as "Add All" not "invite all." Which I prefer people not use in the future and I will adjust the settings so folks can't do that moving forward. But let me know what I should do about the calendar sync and email notifications. 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

After connecting to Outlook, you received other people's RSVP responses for past events, is that correct?

Grace

• Upcoming events. 

And a colleague said it looked like I had invited him to a bunch of events as well. 

• Grace, 

Just a quick update. I just made myself going on an event this week and now I am receiving the RSVPs. It is not my event. I did not edit it or anything. And a second after I said going, I just got an RSVP from one of my staff. 

Thank you, 

REbecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the additional information. I'm investigating the issue and will let you know what I find.

Grace

• It is also sending people invites or something. I'm getting bounce backs and out-of-office emails. 

• Hi Rebecca,

Are you receiving RSVP responses from Outlook or from Communifire?

Could you share the name of the latest event this is happening for?

Grace

• Grace,

It looks like at this point it is these two: 

Innovations in Peer Review Part II: Gamification, Open Manuscripts, and more!

Cost Share Presentation(BA Francophone)

I didn't even accept these or see them. I don't know what's happening. But it looks like I've sent invites to folks. See attached that's my Gmail which I have account as well. 

Thanks,

Rebecca 

• I'm not sure how to figure out where the emails are coming from. Looks like it is coming from my email address not The Hive. 

• The above image is from my gmail inbox where I received an invite for an event I did not manage or create from my work email. I use my gmail as a test account. 

• I also had my colleague Jarret sync his calendar. And it sent out an invite to our upcoming Townhall meeting from him. Even though this has gone out through Norma the initial organizer. 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

I noticed the email address on your user profile in your intranet is different from your Outlook email address. Is the email address on your user profile the Gmail account? Or is the Gmail account a different address?

Does Jarret also use different email addresses for his Communifire user profile and Outlook?

Grace

• Our outlook/exchange account is through our JHED ID, which is also our email. But we have a lot of aliases as well. But we are using JHU email. But my email might be ******@email.com even if I set it up through ******@email.com

• Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for clarifying. So there are two issues here:

1. You're receiving RSVP responses for events you didn't create.
    2. Other people, including the test account which uses a @gmail.com email, are receiving event invitations from your JHU email address for events you didn't create.

I'm investigating both issues and will let you know what I find.

Note: I removed the email addresses in your reply so spam bots don't pick up them up and send spam emails.

Grace

• Hi Rebecca,

I believe these issues are occurring because some users have Outlook connected and some don't. I've updated some system properties on your site that account for this. Let me know if you or others continue to receive these emails.

Grace

• Hi Rebecca,

Just an update - our development team is looking into a fix for the issues you experienced with Outlook sync.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)