Loading ...

Is there a way to turn off the RSVP notification to an event | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Is there a way to turn off the RSVP notification to an event
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Is there a way to turn off the RSVP notification to an event

Subscribe to RSS
  • when i publish an event requiring an RSVP i dont want to get an email everytime someone confirms or declines. how do i shut this off?

• Hi Jack,

Thank you for reaching out! I believe deactivating the Communifire.Event.InvitationReplyExternal.Notification will keep rsvps from being sent to you. This can be accomplished by navigating to the control panel > system > email templates and clicking edit for the Communifire.Event.InvitationReplyExternal.Notification. Uncheck "active" to de-activate the template. Let us know if any further questions come up!

Chaz

• thank you chaz.  this was already deactivated but i am still getting notifications

• Thanks Jack,

Would you be able to share a screen shot of the rsvp you receive? There may be a separate template that we will need to de-activate as well. I will see if I can narrow down our search based on the screen shot.

Chaz

• Thank you for sending over the screen shots Jack. It appears the bottom two are coming from calendar responses outside of Communifire. The first one is being sent by the platform though. Just to confirm, this first response was sent after the Communifire.Event.InvitationReplyExternal.Notification was already de-activated correct?

Chaz

• thank you. yes. i  had that off 2 weeks ago, so yes, this was AFTER it was deactivate. 

How are the others coming from my calendar if the only invite came from Axero and not from Outlook. Outlook only syncs

• Thanks Jack,

Please try de-activating the Communifire.Event.InvitationReply.Notification as well. We believe this should fix this issue shown in the first screen shot.

For the bottom two screen shots, you may need to change your outlook settings. When an outlook calendar is synced with the Communifire calendar and an event invite goes out, the invite that appears in the invitee inbox will appear as an outlook calendar invite. The default meeting settings in outlook is to request a response. Your invitee will click yes when they are attending which sends an email back to your inbox. I believe turning off the request responses setting in outlook should keep this from happening.

I hope the above helps, please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions!

Chaz 

• thanks

done

lets see what happens next.

• HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

people are now getting the same invitation for the same 4 meetings like 20 times.

see this from an invitee.  PLEASE HELP!!  people are freaking out!!

• Hi Jack,

We are looking into this now.

Chaz

• thanks

• To help us troubleshoot, would you mind answering the below questions?

1. Were the events created in Outlook or Communifire?
    2. Were people invited to the events in Outlook or Communifire?
    3. Do the others have their Outlook calendar connected in Communifire?
    4. Were there any settings changed yesterday in Outlook or Communifire apart from deactivating the two email templates?

Chaz

1. Were the events created in Outlook or Communifire?  Communifire
    2. Were people invited to the events in Outlook or Communifire?  Communifire
    3. Do the others have their Outlook calendar connected in Communifire?  Some may but not many
    4. Were there any settings changed yesterday in Outlook or Communifire apart from deactivating the two email templates? Communifire
  • Thanks Jack,

A couple more follow up questions.

Were all the invitees getting multiple emails sent, or just a few?

Could you share some of the other users that received multiple invites?

Also, in looking at a couple of the invites, I can't seem to find Igor Kosoy on the invitee lists. Would you be able to share the method in which they were invited?

We appreciate your help!

Chaz

• A couple more follow up questions.

Were all the invitees getting multiple emails sent, or just a few?  Its seems a lot. didnt ask all.

Could you share some of the other users that received multiple invites?  is there an email i can forward them to which would be easier than mulitple cut and pastes.

Also, in looking at a couple of the invites, I can't seem to find Igor Kosoy on the invitee lists. Would you be able to share the method in which they were invited?   He is part of the group elite.Ics@brickelltravel.com 

We appreciate your help!

Chaz

• Thanks Jack,

This is very helpful, please forward the additional examples to chaz@axerosolutions.com.

• Hi.

more troubles with events..

My colleague Julie tried to create an event, signed in as Julie but it shows up as me.  Do you know why? see video of what she did below.

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/ZxsR3tzbC2Ob63Kak5DDkErHnEDJqEgJp4QkCcZ_xUNt2rTB8HJxMaKrNq3mUPbi.c8zsHEoIF0AL_Tf3 Passcode: &JS2UjF$

• Hi Jack,

The issues shown in Julie's video can be fixed with the below settings. In the control panel>system>general settings>email settings you will see that the Friendly email name is your name. By changing this to either Communifire or Embark Beyond the email will show as being sent from the platform instead.

The time difference noticed in the video is due to the time zone being set to UTC under control panel>system>general settings>localization settings and outlook automatically changing the time to ET upon receipt of the invitation. Changing the time zone to ET in the localization settings should get the times of the communifire invitation and the invite to match.

Our team is still digging into the duplicate invitations. They've confirmed that the platform itself isn't sending the invitations out, but that still leaves a few other possibilities for us to rule out. If you could help us on your side by ruling out the possibility of duplication within the group emails we would greatly appreciate it. I noticed in the examples sent over that there were EliteICS and EliteICs2 groups. Igor may have experienced duplication by being apart of both groups. Thank you for your patience while we continue to troubleshoot.

Chaz

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)