Loading ...

Receive email notification but comment not in the case | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Receive email notification but comment not in the case
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Receive email notification but comment not in the case

Subscribe to RSS
  • Good Morning,

We've had a few instances where users receive an email that there is a comment posted to a case they are assigned but when they go to the case the comment is not there.  We have confirmed the comment has not been deleted, tried refreshing the portal, neither worked.  The comment will eventually show up but maybe not till the next day.  

What would cause this to happen?

Tobi

• Hi Tobi,

We are investigating this issue.

Grace

• Hi Tobi,

I checked the user's activity, and I don't see any case comment activity. You can see that on this page: https://hub.fusioncu.com/admin/users/use-analytics?userid=50&PageLength=100 If you search the page for 5699, which is the case ID, there is only View and Update activity. Case comment activity would appear as Create activity. (This page is reached by going to Control Panel > People > Manage People > search for the user > select the user > click the gear icon > View Stats.)

Could you check the following points with the user:

• When they updated the case today, did they include a comment?
    • Did they see the comment on the page? Or did they see an error?
    • Did they comment on the case from a web browser? Or did they comment in another way, such as in the mobile app or via email?

Grace

• Hi Grace,

Here's the user's comments when presented with your questions.

• I used Chrome on my computer when adding the comment.
    • I commented and updated.
    • No, I did not see my comment after I added it.

If it didn't create her comment - why would the system generate an email notification that contained the information in her comment?

• Hi Tobi,

We haven't seen this happen before. Could you have the user try adding a comment on the case again? Is it successfully added?

Grace

• Hi Grace,

The user posted a comment and I received the email as expected at 4:19 pm CST.  Took the link in the email and the comment is visible.

Tobi

• Answered

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for checking. Did the user do anything different when posting the comment compared to before?

Grace

• I don't believe so.  The user comments on cases on a regular basis and she reported nothing out of the ordinary on her experience.  We have an open case with our IT group and we will watch for other instances of this happening.  There have been a few others but I can't provide you with exact examples.

• Hi Tobi,

If this happens again, please ask the user who commented on the case to provide the exact steps they took while adding the comment.

Grace

• Morning Grace,

We have seen at least 2 more examples of this issue.  Where we receive an email with a comment and the comment isn't seen in the case.  These 2 users posted comments like they always do. It's common for them to post to cases and articles so I would believe they aren't doing anything different these specific times.

I've attached the examples from December 15 and December 18.

• Hi Tobi,

We're investigating.

Grace

• Hi Tobi,

We haven't been able to find a cause for this issue. Has it happened again recently? If so, please share the case where it happened. Having more examples could help us identify a pattern.

Grace

• Hi Grace,

Well the issue is not going away and we are having it reported/happen to various users. I have attached 2 more examples where the comment is not appearing in the case even though a notification was received indicating comments were made.

Tobi

• Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the additional examples. We'll continue investigating.

Grace

• Thanks.  I've attached one more.

Attachments
  • Hi Tobi,

Which browser are the commenters using? Jocelyn, Lavonne, Jodie, Tyler, or Brenda.

Grace

• As confirmed earlier - Joceyln used Chrome.

Brenda also used Chrome

Lavonne is using IE - she just realized when I asked so that may be an issue.

I'm trying to confirm the other 2.

• Hi Tobi,

Thanks for checking. I found that commenting on a case in IE11 causes this issue where the comment isn't posted but an email notification is sent. We no longer support IE11, so please let your users know that they should use a different browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Since you shared that some users experienced this with Chrome, I've let our development team know about the issue to see if they can find a fix. We'll keep you updated.

Grace

• Thanks Grace.

I confirmed that Tyler was using IE so that explains his examples and likely so was Malorie as she recently switched her default browser from IE.

If we identify other examples of users posting comments using a browser other than IE we will provide.

• Hi Tobi,

If an example using a browser other than IE11 comes up again, please ask the user if the rich text editor displayed correctly when they were adding their comment. They may see a generic input box instead of the rich text editor.

Grace

• We have discovered a scenario with Microsoft Edge.  However, we are just wondering what to get the staff person to check for when we ask them about the input box.

So what does the generic look like? Is it missing all pull down options or just some? Are the formatting options greyed out or gone altogether?

• Hi Tobi,

The rich text editor may look like this when you run into this issue. 

Grace

• Thanks that helped.

Noreen confirmed that she only had generic looking text editor box.  She is using Microsoft Edge. I've attached the comment made, missing, and number.

• Hi Tobi,

I'm able to see the full rich text editor in Microsoft Edge. Could you ask Noreen what version of Edge she's using? This can be found by clicking the three dots in the toolbar > Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)