Loading ...

Why is there an issue with the paragraph spacing in Articles? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Why is there an issue with the paragraph spacing in Articles?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Why is there an issue with the paragraph spacing in Articles?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hello, 

We are having an issue with the spacing not showing correctly in the Article section of a space. On our back end, it shows that the spacing between paragraphs is correct but upon saving the article, the spacing does not apply. 

We had the same issue happen on our Wiki text, but we were able to fix it by turning the normal, default font to paragraph format and then saving. This does not seem to work on the articles. Even in paragraph format, the spacing will not take.

Photo is attached for example. Can you please advise?

Attachments
  • Hi Brittney,

Do you want to increase the spacing above the "Provide a profile photo..." line?

Grace

• Hi Brittney,

You can with following CSS if you want to reduce the spacing there.

.axero-entity-formatted-content p {
        padding: 0;
        margin-top: 10px;
    }

Thanks,
    Raghav

• Yes- as well as the other areas where you can see the line breaks.

I've attached a photo that shows us what it looks like on our back end with the correct spacing, hence the confusion. 

• Apologies, forgot to attach. Please see below. 

• Hi Brittney,

Can you try the following CSS?

.axero-entity-formatted-content p {
        padding: 0;
        margin: 0 0 10px;
    }

Thanks,
    Raghav

• Hi Ragnav, 

I am slightly confused as to why I would need CSS for a simple line break in a paragraph? 

Will we have to enter this CSS everytime we line break in an article? This is not sustainable. 

Raghav Khunger
    Raghav Khunger
    Apologies for not mentioning specific on the CSS part. As Foster mentioned, it can be added in CSS Overrides globally.
    28 days ago
  • Hello can you please still help? This seems so simple yet we've been trying to figure out for too long. All our processes and operations have halted due to this massive issue.

Please advise.

• Hi Brittney,

We will be back on this thread shortly.

Thanks,
    Raghav

• Hi Brittney,

I went ahead and added the CSS to your overrides, as it does not look like it was applied. Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Foster. Thank you for the quick response and for helping. However, the issue still remains the same. 

• I attached another photo for reference. This seems like a back end formatting issue. 

We should not have to add CSS to every article just to line break in body copy text. Am I correct in that thinking? That seems absurd. 

Attachments
    Raghav Khunger
    Raghav Khunger
    The CSS should not be added to every article. We are looking into this.
    28 days ago
  • Thank you!!

• Hi Brittany,

Can you please provide the location of one of the articles that you are having this issue with?

Thanks,
    Foster

• Answered

Hello  Brittney Byus 

Was the content in your article pasted in from an external source like a google doc, blog post/website, or a word document?

Sometimes the formatting or lack of formatting can carry over.

When I look at the code editor in your article I can see that the sections that do not have the spacing you would like are missing paragraph formatting.

You'll notice that the blocks of text that are formatted as paragraphs have the correct margins (you can tell a block of text is a paragraph because it is wrapped in <p> </p> tags)

The blocks of text that are missing margins are not wrapped in paragraph tags and are only wrapped in <div> </div> tags (these are used to divide up a webpage and group elements together but do not inherently have any margins or spacing around them)

When you paste text in from an external site it will bring formatting with it whether the formatting is correct or not. You can see how a block of text is formatted by putting the I-beam/cursor in the block of text. At the bottom of the editor, you will see if it is a paragraph, heading, link, etc... or if it doesn't have correct formatting.

In the example above we can see that the block of text starting with "It's a win-win-win" is not formatted as a paragraph and therefore will not have the correct margins.

To fix this, select the block of text, then click on the Formats dropdown menu, hover over the Block menu and select Paragraph

This will apply the paragraph formatting to the block which will give it the correct margins. you may see additional paragraph breaks when you do this, if that occurs, use your delete key to remove any paragraph breaks you don't want.

Another thing to note, when using the editor, pressing the return key creates a Paragraph Break. If you want a Line Break, hold the shift key while pressing return.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)