Loading ...

Users unable to update profiles | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Users unable to update profiles
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Users unable to update profiles

Subscribe to RSS
  • nickdumont

Hi, over the last few days some users have reported receiving errors when they try to update their profile pages. The error says, "Sorry this action could not be performed because of an internal error."

However, other users are able to update their profiles – it worked fine for me when I tried so I couldn't recreate the bug.

Could you help me diagnose the problem?

Screenshot attached of error message.

Attachments
  • Foster

Hi Nick,

Have you noticed that a certain user role is unable to update profiles, or is it seemingly random?

As for troubleshooting the issue, can you please go to your Control Panel > System > Exception Log and take a screenshot of any errors you see there?

Thank you,
    Foster

• nickdumont

It's seemingly random, as far as I can tell. I've attached two photos – one of the Exception Log and another of one of the errors.

• Foster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the images. Can you please take the following steps then let me know what you see?

With an account that is having the issues, open the inspector tool in Chrome (right click, inspect) and go to the Network Tab, then XHR. With this tab open, try updating the profile that is having trouble. Please take a screenshot of both this page, and the Console tab. 

This will help us diagnose the issue at hand.

If you have any issues with this, please let me know.

Best,
    Foster

• nickdumont

Hey Foster here are the two images:

• nickdumont

Hey  Foster Clark sorry to bother you – any update on this issue?

• Foster

Hi Nick,

We are still looking into this error for you. I will get you an update as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster

Hi Nick,

Your site was updated over this weekend, can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)