Loading ...

Not receiving notifications in one space | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Not receiving notifications in one space
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Not receiving notifications in one space

Subscribe to RSS
  • lmcdonald

We currently are not receiving email notifications from our intranet as expected, specifically in the Verifications space. As an example, once they subscribe/sign in to the space discussion each morning and then post something, they are not being notified of any replies to that post. I am unsure of how long this has been happening.  

Would someone be able to help with this?

Thanks in advance!

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Liz,

I saw some errors in your exception logs relating to the email system. I have corrected these errors and emails should be sending now without issue. 

Thanks!
    Foster

• lmcdonald

Hi Foster,

Just received another e-mail about this same subject. Looks like you fixed it, but perhaps too well! (j/K) please see the e-mail she sent below:

I was just informed now that everyone is receiving our verification updates, instead of just the team or those that subscribe to the discussion – is there a way to fix this?

Thanks so much!

• Foster

Hi Liz,

Can you expand on what verification update emails users are receiving? Are these email notifications of space discussions?

Thanks,
    Foster

• lmcdonald

Hi Foster, I have reached out to her, and will let you know what she says!

Thanks!

• lmcdonald

Hi Foster,

Here is her reply:

Yes, it seems that way that all users that belong to the verifications space is getting all updates on discussions instead of the users that subscribe to the discussion daily.

Thanks!

• Foster

Hi Liz!

It looks like the following setting was set in the space settings for that space:

Auto Subscribe members to forums will cause all forum posts to generate notifications to everyone in the space. I have unchecked this box for you, and the notifications should go back to only those who have replied to the discussion posts.

Thanks!
    Foster

• lmcdonald

Hi Again!

A user came across another issue for this space. Please see his e-mail below:

Somehow I am getting messages from Verifications.  I was subscribed to their space.  I have unsubscribed and tried to stop activity emails from that space, but I’m still receiving them.  Do you know what else I may need to do?

Thanks!

• Foster

Hi Liz!

Users will still recieve the daily digest emails from this space due to the following setting:

I have unchecked this for you as well to stop all emails from this space unless the user subscribes.

Thanks,
    Foster

• lmcdonald

Hi Again,

This issue is still happening, someone who is no longer a part of this space is still receiving these e-mails. Could you look into why this could still be happening?

Thanks!

• Foster

Hi Liz,

Can you let me know the name of the user, as well as exactly what email they are receiving?

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)