Loading ...

Sharing a file via email | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Sharing a file via email
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Sharing a file via email

Subscribe to RSS
  • mia.cusack

Hi there,

Wanted to ask about the option to share a file via email. I have tested this function and nothing seems to be sent. Is there a setting I am missing.

Can files be shared externally to any email, even those not a member of the platform? See pic attached for context.

Thanks, Mia

• Foster

Hi Mia,

Yes this can be shared to any email, even externally. I took a look at your site and noticed there was a small error with sending emails, which I have now fixed. 

You should be able to send this to any email externally without issues now.

Thanks,
    Foster

• mia.cusack

Thanks Foster, I will test it out and if you don't hear from me, it works. Thanks!

• mia.cusack

Hi Foster,

So the email works, thanks. I wanted to know a couple of things:

1. Is it possible to share the file externally via email so people who aren't members of the platform can access it?

2. With that 'share' function is it possible to share the file internally on the activity stream with a comment? Or is the only way by copy and pasting URL?

Thanks, Mia

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Mia,

1) If your intranet is closed off to the public (you have to log in to see the contents) visitors will not be able to view the content without signing up to your Intranet first. You cannot send the file itself via this email. 

There is an option to make a single page viewable to the public however, and this may meet your needs. If you go to the System Properties there is a setting called BypassLoginPageListCSV . In this field, you can enter a url that you would like to be made accessible to the public. This way, you can add the URL of the file you would like to share, then non-members can view the page that it is located on. 

2) The best way to "Share" a file is with the @Mentions function. You can mention the name of any content that you have, and you are able to link directly to it, without even having to copy the URL. 

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)