Loading ...

User Profiles - Cannot select State from Location Drop-down | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » User Profiles - Cannot select State from Location Drop-down
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

User Profiles - Cannot select State from Location Drop-down

Subscribe to RSS
  • alainapratt

Hi, 

I'm unable to select the state drop-down within all user profiles.

• Foster

Hi Alaina,

I'm looking into this for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster

Hi Alaina,

It looks like the country field has been removed from you Edit Profile page. The states are linked to the country, so without a country selected, no options are given for state. 

If you would like, I can change this so that all states are shown regardless of country. If you are looking to use only US states, you can change the widget using Edit Edit Profile Page and change Linked Parent Field to Not Linked. Then you can remove any states that you do not want shown. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• alainapratt

I followed your instructions below and that worked! The country field was removed as part of our implementation bc we didn't want countries showing up on the user profile landing page since we're all US-based. Glad to know this was an easy fix.

• alainapratt

I spoke too soon. When I published changes and selected "Go to Page", it took me to my profile where the state drop-down appeared. 

I tried to update another user's profile and the state drop-down will NOT appear.

• Foster

Hi Alaina,

I am looking further into this for you. There may be a bug with the state dropdown without country selected. 

I will get back to you soon. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Alaina,

There is a bug with the state dropdown, but I have managed to fix the issue on your site with a workaround.

I added the country widget back, set the default value to United States, then removed the widget again. This way, all users have their Country location set to United States, but it is not visible anywhere. The state dropdown has re-appeared as a result.

Let me know if this fix works out for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)