Loading ...

Org Chart Issues | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Org Chart Issues
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Org Chart Issues

Subscribe to RSS
  • jswaddell

I'm afraid my org chart issue has not been resolved with the latest update. Our CEO is once again reporting to herself, which has broken the org chart.

• jswaddell

I am going to turn off the AD sync for now since I need to present to our CEO tomorrow and she wants to see a functioning org chart. I will turn the sync back on after the presentation.

• Foster

Hi Jay,

I apologize that the latest update did not fix this issue. Let me speak to my team to figure out what went wrong here.

Thanks,
    Foster

• jswaddell

What's odd is that I deleted the "Reports to" field mapping in the sync with our AD, so that field should not even get updated. But the contents keep changing. I remove Ann's name in her Reports to field and it gets replaced. I add Ann's name to other managers' Reports to field in Communifire and these get deleted, I assume with the next sync. Weird.

• Foster

Hi Jay,

The Reports To field is considered a "basic field" and will sync no matter if the field is mapped or not. Similar to First and Last name. 

Can you elaborate on Ann's name being removed from other managers reports to field though? This sounds like the users Reports to Field in AD is empty.

Thanks,
    Foster

• jswaddell

Since we are still building our intranet, there are only a handful of employees currently in the system. None of these actually report to Ann. However, in order to build and show the org chart, I enter her name in their Reports to fields. Once the sync happens, Ann's name gets removed from their Reports to field. I assume this is because the people they actually report to (from AD), are not yet set up in Communifire. For instance, David Dickey reports to Shane Ham. But Shane is not set up in Communifire yet, so I enter Ann in David's Reports to field. When the system syncs, Ann's name is removed from David's Reports to field. I assume this is because AD is passing Shane's name to Communifire, and because Shane is not in Communfire yet, it simply delete's Ann's name from David's profile and leaves the Report to field blank.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Jay,

I did not realize that you had differing Reports To in your Communifire site and your AD site. This would most certainly cause issues with your Org Chart, as AD is trying to set it up one way, and Communifire does not have the correct users to fill these fields with. 

However, I have done some backend work to turn off the Manager Sync for the moment. This way, everything else can sync, but the Reports to field should not. 

I do not want you to lose the sync ability while this issue persists, so I have turned it back on and tested the sync. The Reports To Field did not sync and the org chart looks to still be intact. 

Please let me know if the Reports To Field syncs again in the next few days.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 2 of 2 (32 items)