Loading ...

RSS Feed Error | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

RSS Feed Error

Subscribe to RSS
  • nickdumont

Hi,

We had an RSS feed widget on our homepage that used to work fine, but recently broke. It just disappeared. I checked the actual RSS feed it was pulling from and it seems fine.

I created a duplicate using a Raw HTML widget and updating the content myself, but this isn't an ideal long-term solution.

I've attached a screenshot of the Exception Log, which keeps posting errors from the RSS Feed every few minutes.

And I've attached a screenshot of my RSS Feed Widget settings (also note I'm using Communifire's RSS Feed - No Image template, and switching to the other RSS Feed template doesn't work either).

• Foster

Hi Nick,

Can you provide the full RSS feed url that you are pulling from?

Thanks.

• nickdumont

Hi Foster,

Here's the link: http://feeds.greentechmedia.com/GTM_Solar?_ga=2.102093764.45308602.1559050981-1744988897.1547674022

It was working for a month or two, same link and everything, and then recently it broke and I'm not sure why.

• Foster

Hi Nick,

We are investigating the cause of the issue. I will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Foster

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Nick,

Below is the page that you provided that you are pulling your RSS feed from. On line 3, there is $gt;  which stands for the greater than sign (>). This means that there is an extra closing bracket here.

htmlsource

Having that extra bracket will trip up the C# feed syndication reader. Deleting it in the source page should get your RSS feed back up and running.

Please let me know if this solves your issue,

Foster

• nickdumont

Hey Foster,

Sorry, I should've mentioned this in the original post, but the RSS feed isn't ours – it's operated by a media company we get industry news from.

I'll contact them to see if they can remove that line of code. But any alternative solutions you can think of would be appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Nick

• Foster

Hi Nick,

I'm happy to help. Please let us know if the issue persists after the media company has corrected the feed. At the moment there are no workarounds to this issue besides using the raw HTML widget like you currently are.

Foster

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)