Loading ...

Site administrators cannot open page editor | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Site administrators cannot open page editor
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Site administrators cannot open page editor

Subscribe to RSS
  • tjagresti

I've changed user role to site administrator in an attempt to overcome a problem with the moderator permission setting for spaces. The moderator setting was not allowing the user to access most content or edit their space which I have set as the space homepage. In both cases, the designated users cannot open page editor for their page or exercise the privileges I have set in permissions for both site administrator or moderator.

What I'd like is to have site administrator be the only only who can change the everything.  Then the moderators assigned to their space should have complete control of their space.  

Additionally, members cannot access content despite the content permissions I have set to allow for access.  A specific example is the Search Hero on the homepage has a link to Culture Handbook which is a subfolder.  I checked the permission specific to that subfolder to insure it was accessible to members.  Even though it is set correctly no member can access it.  

Additionally, I've set certain spaces to Public Space which should allow any member to access it.  But members cannot access the Public Spaces.   I need the setting so that all user roles are automatically added to Public Spaces without needing to  be added or submit a request to be added to the space..

I need some help on this quickly.  All the mangers have started their training and need to be building their spaces and mapping their content this week.

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

To allow space moderators to edit space Page Builder pages, go to Manage Space > Permissions > Page Builder Permissions and update permissions. Note that the Admin View permission is required to see the Page Builder section in Manage Space.

For folders, make sure that the View All and View All Directory permissions are checked.

Check Manage Space > Permissions > Space Permissions and make sure the View permission is checked for the Guest role.

Grace

• tjagresti

All of those permission were correctly set. 

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

Could you provide a screenshot of what space moderators see when they visit Manage Space > Page Builder?

If the users are not members of the space, check the View All and View All Directory permissions for the Guest role.

Could you provide an example of a public space which users are not able to view?

See User Space Assignment Rules for how to set up rules to automatically add users to spaces.

Grace

• tjagresti

Ok, I have Erik Lanning attempting to access his permissions menu and page builder.  As soon as I have some feedback I'll let you know.  

Human Resoruces, Communciations, Safety are all set as public spaces and no one is able to naiagte to htem.  They do not show up in the spaces drop down menu and require the user to request to join instead of being autmatically joined.

• tjagresti

Sorry if I sound frustrated but I already tried the User/ Space Assignment.  It has one line with 4 fields and does not provide for designating the user role at the company as a field to assign them to a space.

2 of the drop downs (space role and site wide role) are the same; Member, Moderator, Administrator.  So there is no way to select the role Pilot and have them assigned to Pilot space.  

• tjagresti

Also, if I choose to activate auto enroll in a public space like Human Resources using all domains will this override the user role of the administrator or moderator for that space?  So, I'll have to go back and assign them as administrator again?

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

The Spaces dropdown in the header only shows spaces a user is a member of. Public spaces are listed in Browse Spaces . Can the users see the public spaces in Browse > Spaces?

The user space assignment rules use top level Roles . You must create custom roles in Control Panel > People > Roles > Add User Role to do what you describe.

Users' existing roles in a space will not be affected by adding user space assignment rules.

Grace

• tjagresti

Thanks.

Not sure on the first point. I'll see what happens during the next set of training events.

I'll add the user roles per our company guidelines.

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

Following up with your post here https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/communifire-support/forums/features-and-functionality/30526/required-reading?postid=30530#30530

Sub spaces do not appear in Browse > Spaces. Take a look at Space Types for more details about the different space types and where each can be found. You can use a Space List Widget or Content List Widget filtered by space to display certain spaces on your homepage.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)