Loading ...

Clicking back to a previous PDF file does not load it | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Report Bugs and Issues » Clicking back to a previous PDF file does not load it
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Report Bugs and Issues

Clicking back to a previous PDF file does not load it

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

When I am viewing a PDF, and I click on a link in that is referencing another PDF, it opens that file in the same window. When I click back to review the original PDF file, it does not load. It will only load when I refresh the page. Shouldn't it just reload instead of loading endlessly until I manually reload it?

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

Could you provide more details? Where are you viewing the initial PDF? What does the link to the other PDF look like?

Grace

• Xenon

I am viewing the PDF within the File list that it lives in. The link I click in the PDF goes to another PDF file that lives in that same directory. When I click the back button to return to the PDF I clicked from, the PDF always fails to load. I just spins until I refresh the page a few times.

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

What browser are you experiencing this on? Are you on Mac or PC?

Grace

• Xenon

I am using Chrome on a Mac. It doesn't appear to occur in FF or Safari.

• gskamau

Could you share the file link?

• Xenon

https://ascendiumthelift.com/spaces/4/security/files/488/sec_active_shooter-pdf

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

I only see links to wiki pages in this PDF. I'm able to navigate back and forth between the PDF and wiki pages.

Grace

• Xenon

The link I gave you was for a PDF that had a link to another PDF. The issue is that clicking back to the previous PDF does not load the PDF unless I manually refresh the page. Sometimes, when I click on a PDF itself, it doesn't load either until I refresh the page a few times.

• gskamau

Which link are you clicking?

• Xenon

Click the first link that has the document icon to the left of it.

• gskamau
      Answered

Is anything printed to the browser console when the PDF doesn't load? Right-click the page, click Inspect, then click the Console tab. Also check Control Panel > System > Exception Log .

• Xenon

I'll have to check this again next time, because now it's not occurring when I click the back button.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)