Loading ...

Customizing "Event" Text in Weekly DIgest | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Customizing "Event" Text in Weekly DIgest
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Customizing "Event" Text in Weekly DIgest

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi - We noticed a couple of things in our weekly digests, wondering if they can be changed. 

1. The name of our site is jumbled.

2. It says new "events" this week. Not everything on our calendars are events. Is there anywhere to customize this test?

Tiffany

• Also, I'm not sure when our staff added these events, but since this digest was sent on FRIDAY the 21st, and the three events already happened that week (but the verbiage says "new events" - like it's something they could participate in, which they cannot as they passed)... so did this happen because our staff added these three items AFTER the Friday the 15th email?  Or does the verbiage automatically mention 'event's that happened that week but phrases it as "new"?  (Question being does timing of when things are added on the calendar impact the wording on the new weekly digest email?

Tiffany

• Answered

Hi Tiffany,

1- We're looking into the issue with the site name text.

2- You can change the "Events" text in Control Panel > System > Localized Content. Search for Events and edit the EventDefaultText resource. Note that this will change the text on the site as well.

3- The events that appear in the weekly digest are events that were created in the past 7 days.

Grace

• Hi Tiffany,

1- The site name text appears correctly in Gmail and Outlook for me. What email client are you using?

Grace

• Ok, TY - I'm on my GoDaddy email account, maybe that's why.  

Tiffany

• Answered

Hi Tiffany,

Email clients all display emails a little differently, and may ignore or apply their own styling and formatting. The site name text appears correctly in the major email providers. If you'd like to look further into the display issue with your GoDaddy email account, feel free to open a private case.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)