Loading ...

Including External Content in Search | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Including External Content in Search
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Including External Content in Search

Subscribe to RSS
  • HI Axero - 

Per your latest newsletter, I've tried several times to set up some of our external content to be searchable in our Communifire site using the URL mapper. I've followed the instructions exactly, and though the page and redirect appear to be created, when I search in the site it takes me to a blank page on our site (image below), rather than redirecting to the external site. What am I doing wrong? Does it not work for on premise sites like ours?

Thanks!

Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer,

Can you please add a screenshot of the URL mapping that you have set up?

Thanks,
    Foster

• Here you go:

• Hi Jennifer,

The old value may be cached when you load the page. Can you please see if it still does not work in an incognito tab? Alternatively you can refresh the page with Ctrl+Shft+R to refresh the cookies. 

Thanks, Foster

• Not sure how to use an incognito tab, but Ctrl+Shft+R did not work. frown

• Hi Jennifer, 

Can you please clear your browser cookies, then open a new window and try loading the page again? 

The method for clearing cookies depends on the browser you are using: 

In Chrome

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click More More.
    3. Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
    4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
    5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
    6. Click Clear data.

In FireFox

1. Go to the “Settings” menu. 
    2. On the settings menu, look for “Privacy & security” and select “Clear private data.” 
    3. You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared where you can select “Cookies & active logins.”
    4. After you have made your selection, tap the “Clear data” button to finalize deleting cookies.

Safari

1. Open Safari.
    2. Select “Preferences” from the dropdown Safari menu.
    3. Click on “Privacy,” then on “Manage Website Data.”
    4. Click on “Remove all” from the dropdown menu.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Thanks Foster - just circling back to this. I tried clearing cookies, but still no luck with showing the redirect. Any other ideas?

Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer,

It looks like the "is active" may be greyed out in the screenshot. Can you uncheck that, save, the check that box again? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Done. Still no luck.

• Hi Jennifer,

Could you check whether the URL mapper feature is turned on in Control Panel > System > General Settings > Advanced Settings - "Enable URL Mapper" should be checked.

Grace

• Looks like it had been turned on:

• Hi Jennifer,

Could you try restarting the site in Control Panel > System > Advanced System Utilities? The site will stall for up to a minute or so while it restarts.

Grace

• Restarted twice, then tested the URL again, and still no luck.

• Hi Jennifer,

Are there any other URL mappings set up? Do they work correctly?

Could you check whether you're redirected in a different browser, such as Firefox or Safari?

If you're not redirected, could you try deleting the mapping and adding it again? Make sure to copy the Page Builder page URL from the address bar.

Grace

• No other URL mappings set up - this is my first try. We don't use Firefox or Safari, just Chrome or Edge

Will try again as you suggest.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)