Loading ...

Using Stacked 3 Across CTA widget with spaces - problem with blurry images | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Using Stacked 3 Across CTA widget with spaces - problem with blurry images
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Using Stacked 3 Across CTA widget with spaces - problem with blurry images

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi Axero Team: 

We are trying to use a content list widget to create "kiosk" blocks that point to subspaces, but have run into an issue.

The "Stacked 3 across CTA" template in content list widget works well when we use it with articles as the content type - like this:

But when we try to use the same widget for spaces as the content type, the images come out blurry, like this:

Can you help? 

Thanks!

Jennifer 

• Hi Jennifer, 

Can you please let me know the URL to where you are working on this widget? I would be happy to take a look for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Foster - 

Here's the link, but we're the FDA on-premise installation, so I don't think you can get into our site.  Happy to jump on a zoom if you want to be able to take control of my screen and look under the hood, just let me know.

Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer,

It looks like when you use this content widget, it pulls just the thumbnail of the space, and tries to make it bigger, resulting in the lower quality version you see there.

I am working to see if there is a good solution for you. In the meantime, you may want to use the Button Widget, so that you can choose your own image to upload to be used as a link to the space. 

This would not be the exact same as the Content list, but would remove the pixelated images.

I will get back to you with more soon.

Thanks,
    Foster

• That's a great solution, and I think will work. However, the text of the button is not appearing though I set the text to appear:

But the button looks like this - works fine but we need the text to appear:

Thanks for your help Foster! This is a good new tool for us.

Jennifer

• Hi - 

Just checking in - how can I make the text show up on the image button?

Thanks again!

Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer,

I can create a new template for you to look like the following: Where the text is the name of the widget you created. 

If you want any changes to this, please let me know. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• I ended up doing this: 

to get this:

which I think is similar to what you are suggesting.

Is there no way to get the white type text to show up in the image button?

If not, I'm good. Thanks!

Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer,

Please do the following:

1. Go to Control Panel > System > Page Builder Templates
    2. Under Widget Types, select Content List
    3. Click the Stacked 3 Across Call to Action template
    4. In the editor, find {{ContentImageURL}}
    5. Replace this with {{ContentDetailImageURL}}
    6. Save the template

Then try using the Stacked 3 Across Call to Action template for spaces again. Also confirm whether images appear correctly for content as well as spaces.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)