Loading ...

Featuring users in a space | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Featuring users in a space
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Featuring users in a space

Subscribe to RSS
  • Is there a way to tag or otherwise identify people to feature in a specific space?

For example, we would like to feature the members of the Engage Council in our Engage space.

It looks like "Feature User" only works site-wide and there's no way to specify a group like Council members. 

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

• Hi Jennifer,

If a user is marked as featured site wide, you can feature them in a space by using a People Widget and setting the People In This Space to the space you want to feature them in. Then set Featured to yes. 

Does this achieve what you are looking to do?

Thanks,
    Foster

• This works if I only have one space I want to feature users in. If there's a second space in which I want to feature different people, there's no way to identify which space they would be featured in.

So, for example:

I mark Jane, Jerry, Jan, Bob, Barbara, and Bill as featured people.

I want Jane, Jerry and Jan to be featured in the J space and Bob, Barbara and Bill to be featured in the B space.

How would I get them to show up as featured in the appropriate spaces?

Thanks!

• Hi Jennifer,

It may be beneficial to use the widget type, Single Person.

This makes it easy to pick and choose a user who you want featured. You can use a few of these widgets in the same area if you want to feature more people. You can even choose to have it display the logged in user, or the logged in users boss (Who they report to in the org chart). 

I hope this helps!
    Foster

• Answered

Hi Jennifer,

Alternatively, you could also use the Custom Featured People Widget , which allows you to create a custom list of users that are featured on the widget. Our documentation goes step by step on how to set this up if this is something that you would like to implement. 

If you have any issues with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Thanks! The Custom Featured People Widget did the trick.

Jennifer

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)