Loading ...

profile photo | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

profile photo

Subscribe to RSS
  • How to enable members to update/upload their photo.

• Hi Larry,

Users should be able to upload their own profile photos by clicking the photo icon in the bottom left corner of their avatar on their profile page.

However, in looking at the current data mapping for SAML (Control Panel > System > Single Sign On > Data Mapping), I see that thumbnail photos are set to sync. This will cause any photo uploaded to Communifire by a user to be overwritten by the photo that exists in the SSO system.

Removing the above data mapping will keep the user uploaded photos from being overwritten.

I hope you find this information useful, Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions!

Thanks,

Chaz

• Chaz,

We need users to be able to update their photos and disable the sync.

Let me know how to set this up. \

We can disable the sync since that is still in discussion.

• Happy to help Larry,

Deleting the "ThumbnailPhoto" to "Profile photo" data map should be all that is required to disable the photo sync. This can be accomplished in the control panel under System and Single Sign On.

The photo sync an be removed by clicking the trash can icon next to the profile photo field on the data mapping page and clicking update.

Please let us know if users are still unable to upload their photos after the sync is disabled.

Thanks,

Chaz

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)