Loading ...

Updating a user's email address | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Updating a user's email address
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Updating a user's email address

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi there,

I might be missing something obvious, but how do we as admin update a user's email. E.g. their email address has changed due to organisational change. We can access and edit their profile, but not email it seems. Does the user have to be the one to do it?

CC:  Emily Eller 

• Hi Mia,

Let me take a look at this for you; I'll update you as soon as I can. Thanks! 

• Hi  Mia Cusack

As site admins, you and Emily have full access to edit user profiles which include the email field. I found that I was able to make changes to a user's email field if, and only if, every required field was answered.

In the Edit Profile page, answers to the user's email, first name, last name, company name, and role are required before being allowed to save any updates. I boxed the areas in red below: 

Please let me know how it goes with this solution. Thanks! 

• Hi Jun, thanks for the thorough response, sorry I may have given slightly unclear info. We are struggling to update their LOGIN details, not their profile details. Username & password.

Mia Cusack
    Mia Cusack
    Emily Eller can you elaborate?
    14 days ago
  • Yes, thank you Mia.

As you mentioned, members of our Communifire site have updated their organisations email address i.e. from example@gmail.com to example@yahoo.com. We would like them to be able to update their login details so notifications and email digests are sent to their updated addresses. 

Could you please advise how best to do this?

Thank you,

Emily

• Answered

Hi Mia and Emily,

Thank you both for the much-needed clarification; I can now provide helpful guidance on the matter. As a quick reminder, users can log in to their accounts with either their username or email. Currently, there is no path forward that allows adjustments to users' login and email to be made in bulk. 

On 2/10/2021 6:14 PM, Mia Cusack said:

We are struggling to update their LOGIN details, not their profile details. Username & password.

In order to make changes to a user's login details, please make your way to Control Panel > Manage People. Once you've found the user, click the user's cog and select Preferences:

You'll be presented with the user's preferences which include their login and password. Currently, only site admins and those granted with privileges (moderators, etc) are allowed to adjust usernames. 

On 2/10/2021 6:21 PM, Emily Eller said:

As you mentioned, members of our Communifire site have updated their organisations email address i.e. from example@gmail.com to example@yahoo.com. We would like them to be able to update their login details so notifications and email digests are sent to their updated addresses. 

Users can manually edit their email via Edit Profile. Alternatively, this email can be used to log in to their account and will be sent email notifications. Adjusting one's email is that simple! 

Please let me know if additional assistance is required. Thanks! 

Emily Eller
    Emily Eller
    Very helpful, thank you Jun!
    13 days ago
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)