Loading ...

widgets not displaying correctly | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » widgets not displaying correctly
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

widgets not displaying correctly

Subscribe to RSS
  • on our home page we have a stock ticker and Twitter feed. They were displaying fine yesterday, today the ticker is not displaying at all and the Twitter widget isn't loading properly. Can you suggest a fix? Thanks

• Hi Meichiel,

We applied a fix for the stock ticker. Could you check whether you can see it now?

We're looking into a fix for the Twitter feed.

Grace

• Hi Meichiel,

We applied a fix for the Twitter feed as well. Are both widgets displaying for you now?

Grace

• yes, it is displaying correctly now. If this happens again in the future, will i need to contact you to fix? or is there something i can do to fix? Thanks!

• Answered

Hi Meichiel,

We updated your site's content security policy setting at the request of your IT VP. This setting affects which sites can be embedded on the site. We added a rule to allow Twitter and the stock ticker, so this shouldn't happen again in the future for these two widgets.

However, if you want to embed content from other sites in the future, you'll need to contact us to update this setting.

Grace

• Great, thanks!

• one more question. Is there any way of fixing the way communifire displays if the user logs on using Internet Explorer?

• Hi Meichiel,

IE is not a supported browser for Communifire. People should use one of the supported browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Grace

• is there a way of adding a pop up screen if they use IE letting them know to use Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?

• Hi Meichiel,

Would you like the pop up to dominate the page or appear somewhere that doesn't affect access to the page? Examples below.

And would you like the popup to appear on all pages or specific pages, like the homepage?

Grace

• I would like the first option (banner style) on home page only. Thanks!

• could you send me directions on how to add that banner to homepage? thanks!

• Hi Meichiel,

I added a Raw HTML widget on your homepage to add the banner. This is how the homepage looks now in IE:

Let me know if you'd like to customize the banner's text, color, or anything else.

Below is the code in the widget.

<script>
    msieversion();
    function msieversion() 
    {
        var ua = window.navigator.userAgent;
        var msie = ua.indexOf("MSIE ");

if (msie > 0 || !!navigator.userAgent.match(/Trident.*rv\:11\./)) // If Internet Explorer
        {
            var message = '<div id="message-box-wrapper" style=""><table class="message-box" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">'
            message += '<tbody><tr><td><div class="message-content"><span class="message-content-inner">';
            message += 'Notice: Please use Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.';
            message += '</span><span class="message-content-options"></span>';
            message += '</div></td></tr></tbody></table> </div>';
            document.getElementById("idNavbar").innerHTML += message;
            $("#message-box-wrapper").css("position", "static");
            $(".message-content").css("background", "#fc0");
        }

return false;
    }
    </script>

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)