Loading ...

How to set up the Org Chart | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How to set up the Org Chart
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How to set up the Org Chart

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi 

I'm trying to set up an org chart for our company. Through the threads I've read,  I know that I need to make sure everyone has a valid "report to" field on their profile and we can only have one person that doesn't report to anyone at the top of the chart. I don't have any of this filled in at the moment.

I can't seem to find the org chart anywhere on the platform. It's turned on in the advanced settings but I don't know where to find it. Could someone advise me on how/where to find it?

Thanks!

Emily

• Answered

Hi Emily,

Typically you can navigate to the org chart by clicking Browse in the header > People > Org chart. However, it looks like the Browse menu was removed from the header on your site. Here's a direct link: https://theinsider.known.is/people/organizational-chart

You can add a link to the org chart on your homepage or in the header. Refer to Edit Header for how to add items to the header. Let us know if you need help doing this.

Grace

• Thanks! Is there a way for it to show up in search results? As of now if you search for "org chart" or "organization" it doesn't come up

Or if we can add it to the "Directory" 

• Hi Emily,

To get the org chart to appear in search, you can create a dummy Page Builder page with the right keywords, then make the page redirect to the org chart page. Here's how to do that:

1. Go to Control Panel > System > Page Builder
    2. Click Add Page
    3. Fill out the following details:
    4. Add any other keywords in Meta Description. Both the Meta Title and Meta Description will appear in search.
    5. Click Publish changes
    6. Click Go to page
    7. Copy the URL
    8. Click All pages
    9. Click System > URL Mapper
    10. Click Add URL Mapper
    11. Add a redirect from the dummy Page Builder page to the org chart page - Enter the dummy Page Builder page URL in Old URL and the org chart URL in New URL:
    12. Click Save

Now the dummy page will appear in search and will open the actual org chart.

Let us know if you'd like us to set this up for you.

The org chart button on the people directory page is currently hidden with CSS overrides. Would you like to remove this code now? Removing the code will make the org chart button appear on the people directory page again.

Grace

• Hi Grace

Thanks so much! This is all very helpful. 

Let's leave it hidden for now. I will remove the code once I get the org chart set up properly! 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)