Loading ...

Anyway to Turn off New Registration? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Anyway to Turn off New Registration?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Anyway to Turn off New Registration?

Subscribe to RSS
  • So on our site we do not have a registration function on the site. But somehow, people are creating multiple accounts using alternative email addresses. As we think of possibly using social logins, it would be good to have some function that does not allow anyone who isn't already in our site access. It gets confusing because then folks are unable to access anything with the alternative address. I really don't understand how people create new accounts when we don't have a registration form. Please advise. 

Thank you, 

Rebecca

• Hi Rebecca,

One possibility is that some people are directly typing in yourURL.com/register, which can still bring you to the register page. I can go ahead and make it so that navigating to that URL redirects to the login page (by utilizing URL Mapper ). 

The other possibility is that Site Admins (or any other role that has access to Manage People) are creating new accounts. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster, 

Can we do both. I can make those adjustments, I know how to do the URL mapper, but the other one? 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

I have already set the URL mapper for you. As for Admin's creating new accounts, this is something that you would have to speak with your Admin users about. 

Finally, since you have Single Sign On, is it possible that some users have more than one SSO account with different emails? If this is the case, they could sign on with the second account, and since it is a new email, Communifire would create a new account for them. Besides limiting users SSO accounts, there is not a way to stop this from the Communifire side. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster, 

Now when I click "Add User" from the manage users menu it takes me back to the homepage. 

What I would like is for only "Site Administrators" to be able to add new users. Is this possible? 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• I think this is because when you add a new person you are brought to the registration page. And you have URL mapped that to the login screen. I've made that inactive. 

• Hi Rebecca,

I'll work on a way to have only non-logged in users be re-routed to the login page when the go to register. 

I'll let you know when I have this completed.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Rebecca,

I added the following to your footer scripts that will redirect all non-logged in users from the register screen to the login screen.

<script>
           if(window.location.href === 'https://ccpstaff.org/register'
           && CF_USERID == 0)  { 
            document.location.href = 'https://ccpstaff.org/login';
        }
    </script>

This should make it so that only logged in users can see the register page. 

I hope this helps!
    Foster

• Hi Foster, 

Can you also remove the "register" button from the https://ccpstaff.org/forgotpassword page? 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

It has been removed!

Best,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)