Loading ...

Viewing on Cell Phone Versus Laptop - Order is Confusing | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Viewing on Cell Phone Versus Laptop - Order is Confusing
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Viewing on Cell Phone Versus Laptop - Order is Confusing

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi - I know there is an "app" version of these sites.  Is that what is required in order to view the site in a way the makes visual sense?

If you look at our home page as a laptop version, it makes sense ... and we have been able to create SOPs to walk people easily through what is there. However, many of our participants are joining with their cell phones, which reads the top photo and button "Let's get started" but then it jumps to everything that is located on the left hand side of the page, then it moves to everything in the right column of the page... so our sponsors (who really should be visible only at the bottom) show up before even the intro video.  

We can't really create phone navigation SOPs because, frankly, the site doesn't make logical sense on the cell phone.  Any suggestions what we can do to fix this?

• Answered

Hi Tiffany!

When you are editing a pagebuilder page, you can switch the mode to mobile specific.

Doing this, opens a new pagebuilder page where you can rebuild the page with mobile specifically in mind! This way you can customize the page so that everything appears exactly how you would like it to on your phone.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• Oh wow!  And this won't mess up the layout on the main web page?  

• Hi Tiffany,

That's right! This will only affect the page on mobile.

Thanks,
    Foster

• You have made my day!!!!

:) Thank you

• Well.... we need more guidance :)  Nathaniel built our Home Page.  So I went in to save his widgets to use elsewhere, thinking that would be the key:

Then I went back to the mobile view and I can't figure out how to reuse a saved widget... and we didn't build the original so how would we go about replicating?

• Hi Tiffany,

Rich Text widgets can't be used for mobile Page Builder pages. The widgets that you see in Mobile layout are the only widgets that can be used for mobile Page Builder pages.

You can replicate the "Heading Links" menu in the mobile version using the Navigation Widget .

Regarding saved widgets, you can only use a saved widget for a mobile Page Builder page if the saved widget uses a "mobile friendly" template. You can see a list of mobile friendly templates in Control Panel > System > Page Builder Templates. Select the widget type, then check Mobile friendly to view the mobile friendly templates.

Grace

• Oh what a bummer. We were so excited we could essentially rearrange the way the laptop version looked. But I guess we are stuck with the jumbled order, as we need to rich text widgets.

Thanks anyway-

Tiffany

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)