Loading ...

Removing Certain Type of Events from Activity Stream and Ticker? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Removing Certain Type of Events from Activity Stream and Ticker?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Removing Certain Type of Events from Activity Stream and Ticker?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi, 

We are using one of the calendar categories (attendance) to keep track of our staff attendance. We want this to show in the calendar, but not in the activity streat and ticker. Is there a way to remove just this content type and category? 

Thank you, 

Rebecca 

• Hi Rebecca,

You can remove the event activity from the Activity Ticker by going to Manage Space: Recent Activities and deleting the activity. You'll need to do this manually every time.

It isn't possible to remove events of a specific type from the space Activity Stream. You can hide all events on the space's Activity Stream, however, as well as hide all of that space's events in My Activity Stream. To do this, use the following code.

/*Hide events in a space Activity Stream*/
    .x-custom-space-human-resources .axero-wall-container div[data-entitytype="5"] {display: none;}
    /*Hide events from a specific space in My Activity Stream*/
    #axero-my-account-container .axero-wall-container div[data-entitytype="5"][data-spaceid="10"] {display: none;}

Make the following changes for your site:

• Replace .x-custom-space-human-resources with your space's body CSS class (See the CSS for Spaces section in the CSS Overrides documentation for how to get the space's body CSS class)
    • Replace the 10 in [data-spaceid="10"] with the space ID of the space the events are in

Grace

• Grace, 

How do I add a custom CSS when I don't have a page builder page for the Space? It is this space: https://ccpstaff.org/spaces/12/ccp-announcements

Thank you, 

Rebecca

• Answered

Hi Rebecca,

Add the code in Control Panel > System > CSS Overrides. Below is the code for your specific space.

/*Hide events on the CCP Announcements space Activity Stream*/
    .x-custom-space-ccp-announcements .axero-wall-container div[data-entitytype="5"] {display: none;}
    /*Hide events from the CCP Announcements space in My Activity Stream*/
    #axero-my-account-container .axero-wall-container div[data-entitytype="5"][data-spaceid="12"] {display: none;}

Grace

• Thank you Grace! I guess the only issue is that events of all kinds will no longer show up. But I could manually say something about them, right? 

• Answered

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, you could post to the space Activity Stream with a link to the event.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)