Loading ...

External "recent news" section on homepage | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » External "recent news" section on homepage
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

External "recent news" section on homepage

Subscribe to RSS
  • szang

I'm looking for an easy way to have a recent news section on the homepage. I'd like for someone to be able to make a blog or wall post and link to the article and the home page has a dynamic list of article previews.

Example below

Additionally, I don't want content editors to have to go to the homepage to edit this information or be able to mess with the homepage template.

• Foster

Hi Sierra,

To clarify, are you trying to have a list of articles from outside the Communifire Intranet? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• szang

Yes, that's correct. Similar look/feel to when a link to an article preview when it's posted on a space wall with image, title of article, summary etc.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Sierra,

Our platform does not support a Content List Widget with content from outside of Communifire. Some alternatives may be to create a custom area with this using a Raw HTML Widget and Javascript, or to add an RSS Feed Widget to the page to get a feed from outside sources.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)