Loading ...

Sub-Menu in Header Navigationn | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Sub-Menu in Header Navigationn
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Sub-Menu in Header Navigationn

Subscribe to RSS
  • ChristinW

Hi! 

I am wondering how to create a sub-menu like the one in the Communifire 8.0 Release Notes. I have attached the image that was in this post for reference. I really want to know how to show sub-spaces as a part of the parent space in the header navigation. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Christin 

• gskamau

Hi Christin,

You can make the space menu display nested spaces instead of creating a new menu. The nested spaces would look like this:

Would you like this kind of menu, or would you prefer the menu with the flyout?

Grace

• ChristinW

I tried to create the nested space but it did not seem to work. I am fine with that set up but it did not work for me. I will try again. 

Thanks, 

Christin 

• gskamau

Hi Christin,

When you edit the Spaces list in the header, make sure to check Nested spaces and select the Nested Spaces List template.

Grace

• ChristinW

Yeah I did both of those things and it is still not working. 

Thanks, 

Christin 

• ChristinW

This is what my configuration looks like and the result. 

• gskamau
    Answered

Hi Christin,

Some of the widgets were missing custom CSS classes. We add those and updated the space list widget. Nested widgets are now appearing in the space menu.

Would you like to include the space description in the Nested Spaces template like you had for the Stacked List template?

Grace

• ChristinW

I do not believe we need the description in the nested template. I believe I have gotten it to work. 

Thanks, 

Christin 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)