Loading ...

How to hide certain users (admins, data entry) from appearing in chat and browse->people | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How to hide certain users (admins, data entry) from appearing in chat and browse->people
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How to hide certain users (admins, data entry) from appearing in chat and browse->people

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi,

Is it possible to hide certain users (admin., data entry) from appearing in chat pop up and browse->people in the top bar. 

Thanks

Bharat

• Hi Bharat,

You can change the visibility of users in two different places. For browse people, you will want to go into that users preferences, and uncheck the Share my Profile box. 

For chat, when logged into the user profile that you want to hide, open the chat messages. Click the green button on the bottom left and select Invisible.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• Thanks Foster :)

-Bharat

• Hi Foster, 

I changed the setting in share my profile box for the users I don't want to be visible under people but they are still visible when I navigate to people using browse on the top bar. 

Any other setting that I need to do ?

Thanks

Bharat

• Hi Bharat,

You may need to Rebuild Caches for this to take in the system.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Foster, 

Thanks. I might have needed it for recognition function to work also. it just kept spinning and didn't do anything. 

Would the website go offline when I do that ? 

Thanks

Bharat

• Hi Bharat,

No the site will continue to act as normal. The whole process should only take a few seconds.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Foster,
    I rebuilt the caches and the Recognition function started working. But the main intent to hide certain profiles from "Browse -> people" did not happen. I still see a few profiles in there which I have already set in preference as 

Any other suggestions that I can try ?

Thanks

Bharat

• Hi Bharat,

Is there a account with "Member" role that you can sign into to test? Since you are a system Admin you may be seeing profiles that could be hidden to other members with less permissions.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Foster, 

I had tried that earlier. I will try that again or ask another user to try it. 

Thanks

Bharat

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)