Loading ...

Specifications for Mobile App Images | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Specifications for Mobile App Images
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Specifications for Mobile App Images

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi,

I have some questions surrounding the specifications for the mobile app.

1. Icon.png – with and without alpha channel

-is there a template for the alpha channel? I’ve read that the alpha channel is not necessary because it’s baked into the OS for Apple.

1. login_image_dark.png (transparent background): For Dark Mode – Just curious if there are any technical specs for producing an image in “dark mode”

If there are any technical tips to producing the images below it would be greatly appreciated.

icon.png (with and without alpha channel)

1024x1024

splash.png

2732 × 2732

login_image.png (transparent background)

3031x598

login_image_dark.png (transparent background): For Dark Mode

3031x598

• Hi Jennifer,

1. Apha channel is related to opacity of a color, or an image having transparent background, apple does not allow this for logo, but Android does, so we need icons with and without alpha channel.

2. If you open our Android or Apple mobile app, on the login screen, you should see an image on the top with Communifire logo, so if your logo color is black/dark, then it won't be clearly visible with the dark background. If you change your phone's mode to light/dark then the image can change. Therefore, you can have two different images on the login screen that suit light and dark modes. If you like, you can have one. That is upto you.

TIP: this image can have alpha channel.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

• Hi Sunny,

Is there an existing template that contains the alpha channel for the Android platform? Where can I obtain this?

• If you are looking for an example, here is an image, it has transparent background

• Hi Sunny,

It looks like for Andriod they are looking for art that has no background. I'm just curious is there a standard background for the Android icons? Is this required or can we send art to the Android platform that doesn't have an alpha channel.

•  

For the image above is there where the button and entry blank will sit? Should i use this as a template to judge where the logo should sit within the image?

• Hi Jennifer,

The icon will be used as the logo of your app on your home screen and it will also be displayed on the app store as shown in following two images:

The screenshot that I shared earlier is for the login page, you can read more about this here. This is a full image with transparent background.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)