Loading ...

Some SharePoint sites missing from list of options for External Drives | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Some SharePoint sites missing from list of options for External Drives
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Some SharePoint sites missing from list of options for External Drives

Subscribe to RSS
  • Has anyone experienced an issue with the connection to SharePoint where some sites are not listed as options for external drives? We have quite a few SharePoint sites, but are using our intranet to simplify the mess. I know that sometimes it can take a little bit for it to sync and show a new site, but there is at least one site in particular that isn't on the list and has been around for a while.

Is there a setting on the SharePoint side that could be blocking it from appearing?

Thanks!

• Hi Jess,

We are looking into why this may be happening.

Grace

• Hi Jess,

Do you have permission to view the site in Sharepoint? If the site is private and you can't access it in Sharepoint, the site won't appear in the External Drives list for you.

Grace

• Hi Grace,

Thank you for looking into this. It is a private group, but I am one of the owners of the group in SharePoint so I have full access to it.

Thanks,

Jess

• Hi Jess,

Could you try adding the Sites.ReadWrite.All permission to the application in Azure?

1. Go to App registrations in the Azure portal
    2. Click All applications
    3. Search for the app and click it
    4. Click API permissions
    5. Click Add a permission
    6. Select Microsoft Graph
    7. Click Delegated permissions
    8. Expand the Sites section
    9. Check Sites.ReadWrite.All then click Add permissions

Does the site appear in the External Drives list after adding the Sites.ReadWrite.All permission?

Grace

• Hi Grace,

I updated the setting, but the site is still not appearing in the list. Is there another setting I can update?

Thanks,

Jess

• Hi Jess,

Please go to the Sharepoint admin center and locate the site in the "Active sites" list. Do you see any major differences in its settings?

Grace

• Hi Grace,

I compared it against one that is connected, and didn't see any differences. Here are some screenshots from the one that isn't appearing:

Jess

• Hi Jess,

Please go to the Microsoft Graph API Explorer and click the button on the left to sign in.

Set the request URL to https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites?search=*&$select=WebUrl,DisplayName and click Run query.

Do you see the site listed in the results below?

Grace

• Hi Grace,

The site did not appear in the list. What does that mean?

Thanks,

Jess

• Hi Jess,

We are investigating.

Grace

• Answered

Hi Jess,

Our development team is working on a fix for this. You'll be able to enter the site URL if it doesn't appear in the dropdown list. We'll let you know when the fix is available.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)