Loading ...

office 365 integration/questions from field path | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » office 365 integration/questions from field path
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

office 365 integration/questions from field path

Subscribe to RSS
  • SteurerB

Hello! 

we currently have a mailbox that most of our questions go through; however, with comments on our platform we have been answering our employees on the platform and in the mailbox. I was wondering if there was a way to steamline this using our Axero platform?

I am also wondering if we can somehow create a button on the homepage that then sends a notification/comment (similar to the comments one we receive now) but to an Outlook account?

Example: employee has a question on One Spot, clicks the button to then type out their question of feedback. Once sent is hit, our Outlook email has received a notification and can work on the employee request.

OR if you have an even better idea of how to manage these comments/questions/feedback from our employees - I am all ears! Thank you

• gskamau

Hi Brooke,

Could you clarify what you're looking to do? Do you want to move away from using the Outlook account to receive and respond to comments/questions/feedback? The Cases or Discussions content types would work well for this. Users will receive email notifications when new cases or discussions are created, and can respond to them in the platform. The email notifications would be sent to each users' email account, as opposed to one mailbox. Users would also receive notifications in the platform.

Regarding the button to send an email to an Outlook account, is the Outlook account for a user who has an account on your intranet? If so, you can use cases or discussions as described above.

Let us know if this doesn't meet your requirements.

Grace

• SteurerB

Hi Grace! Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

We have an operations mailbox though Office 365 that all of our associates go to for questions about customers orders, how to operate the store, general questions etc. 

Since the launch of our Axero platform, they ask questions in the mailbox as well as articles all over the platform which can be hard to streamline (never know if they emailed in inbox too, sometimes they get lost etc).

I was wondering if I could make a button on the homepage of my Axero platform that could be built out/coded with HTML or CSS to talk to Office 365.

Example:  I am on the homepage of my Axero page (One Spot) and I select a "leave questions here box." I then type my comment and hit send for it to then send an email to my Office 365 account with whatever the associate typed in the text box? so that way the question is in an email off the platform?

OR

Is there a way to submit a series form through Axero?

Example: I build out a form for all questions for Contact Lens orders. I need customer name, order number, order date etc in order to retrieve the info on the back end. so associates must enter ALL the credentials for it to then ping a member at the home office team so they could answer the question?

I hope this makes sense! thanks!

• gskamau

Hi Brooke,

It isn't possible to create a form where clicking the button sends an email, but you can make the form compose an email in the user's default mail client. The user would then need to hit send in their mail client. Here is an example:

Below is the code to create the pictured form. Add the code in a Raw HTML Widget . Make sure to replace email@email.com with your email address.

<div class="axero-widget">
        <div class="axero-widget-header">
            <h3>Send an Email</h3>
        </div>
        <div class="axero-widget-content axero-widget-content-padded">
            <label>Subject</label>
            <input id="email-subject" type="text" placeholder="Subject"></input>
            <label>Body</label>
            <textarea id="email-body" type="text"></textarea>
            <button class="btn" id="email-link">Send email</button>
        </div>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $("#email-link").on("click", function(e){
        e.preventDefault();
        if(!$("#email-subject").val() || !$("#email-body").val()) {
            alert("Please complete the form.");
        }
        else {
            var href = "mailto:email@email.com?subject="+$("#email-subject").val()+"&body="+$("#email-body").val();
            document.location.href = href;
        }
    });
    </script>
    <style>
        #email-subject, #email-body, #email-link {display:block;margin-bottom:10px;}
        #email-body {height:250px;width:100%;}
        #email-subject {width:100%;}
    </style>

You can use a third-party form provider and embed the form in a Page Builder page. Take a look at the Form Integrations section on the 3rd Party Integrations page.

Grace

• SteurerB

well sweet!! that is awesome. Can we have this email configured up to send to multiple people?

• SteurerB

Also, just did some testing. Our stores use Office.com to access their email and the text box does not pop up to hit send. Is there by chance a work around?

• gskamau
    Answered

Hi Brooke,

Below is code that will open the composed email in Outlook online.

<div class="axero-widget">
        <div class="axero-widget-header">
            <h3>Send an Email</h3>
        </div>
        <div class="axero-widget-content axero-widget-content-padded">
            <label>Subject</label>
            <input id="email-subject" type="text" placeholder="Subject"></input>
            <label>Body</label>
            <textarea id="email-body" type="text"></textarea>
            <button class="btn" id="email-link">Send email</button>
        </div>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $("#email-link").on("click", function(e){
        e.preventDefault();
        if(!$("#email-subject").val() || !$("#email-body").val()) {
            alert("Please complete the form.");
        }
        else {
            var href = "https://outlook.office.com/?path=/mail/action/compose&to=email@email.com,email2@email.com&subject="+$("#email-subject").val()+"&body="+$("#email-body").val();
            document.location.href = href;
        }
    });
    </script>
    <style>
        #email-subject, #email-body, #email-link {display:block;margin-bottom:10px;}
        #email-body {height:250px;width:100%;}
        #email-subject {width:100%;}
    </style>

If the email should be sent to the same people every time, change email@email.com,email2@email.com to a comma-separated list of those emails.

If you'd like to allow people to type in which email addresses to send the email to, let us know, and we'll provide the code for that.

Grace

• SteurerB

yes!!! Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)