Loading ...

Status Types | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Status Types

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi, 

Is there a way to get another status type other than Open and Closed?

I have a situation where I need a status type inbetween like Suspended, it is not Open but it is not closed either.

The reason I need it is that I can not do a granular enough filter on statuses when you have cases from multiple spaces being consolidated into one view on a page.  

Thanks

• Hi Chris,

It isn't possible to create a new case status type. We would recommend creating a new case status and categorizing it as either Open or Closed, then using multiple content list widgets on the Page Builder page.

You can also try hiding cases in the content list widget using CSS overrides so only cases with a certain status are visible.

Grace

• I would love to use multiple content list widgets but the issue is that I am consolidating the cases from many spaces into one space and the content list widget only allows filtering of open or closed.

How would I go about the CSS override suggestion?

• Hi Chris,

Here's an example using the Case List Template as a base.

1. Create a new content list template and add the code below.

<div class="axero-widget axero-widget-entity-icon-list case-list-hidden-statuses {{CustomCSSClass}} {{#if HideContainerBorder}}axero-widget-no-border{{/if}}">
        <div class="axero-widget-header">
        	<h3>{{{WidgetTitle}}}</h3>
    	</div>
    	<div class="axero-widget-content axero-widget-content-padded">
    		<ul>
    			{{#each Contents}}
    			<li class="widget-{{{StatusClass}}}">
    				<div class="entity-icon">
    					<i class="{{EntityIconCssClass}}"></i>
    				</div>
    				<div class="entity-title">
    					<a title="{{{Title}}}" href="{{ContentURL}}">{{{Title}}}</a>
    					<div class="row-fluid nobold">
    					    <div class="span7">
    					        <a class="case-status-label {{{StatusClass}}}" href="{{StatusURL}}">{{{StatusText}}}</a>
    					    </div>
    					    <div class="span3">
    					        <a href="{{PriorityURL}}">{{{Priority}}}</a>
    					    </div>
    					    <div class="span2">
    					        <i class="icon-comment"></i> {{CommentCount}}
    					    </div>
    					</div>
    					<div class="nobold">{{../Resources.GlobalCreatedText}}: <a href="{{AuthorUserProfileURL}}">{{AuthorUserDisplayName}}</a> {{DateCreatedString}}</div>
        		        <div class="nobold">{{../Resources.ITAssignedToUserText}}: <a href="{{AssigneUserProfileURL}}">{{AssignedUserDisplayName}}</a></div>
        		        <div class="nobold">{{../Resources.GlobalUpdatedText}}: <a href="{{UpdatedByUserProfileURL}}">{{UpdatedByUserDisplayName}}</a> {{DateUpdatedString}}</div>
        		        <div class="nobold">{{../Resources.ITProjectAreaCategoryText}}: <a href="{{CategoryURL}}">{{{ContentCategoryName}}}</a></div>
    				</div>
    			</li>
    			{{/each}}
    		</ul>
    	</div>
    </div>

2. Then find or create the CSS class for your particular case status in Manage Space > Cases > Statuses > edit the status > "CSS class for color". You'll want to make the CSS class the same across all spaces.

3. Then in CSS Overrides, add the following code. Replace case-status-label-fixed with the CSS class for your particular status.

.case-list-hidden-statuses li {display:none;}
    .case-list-hidden-statuses li.widget-case-status-label-fixed {display:block;}

4. Save CSS overrides.

5. Edit the Page Builder page and change the content list widget to use the new template.

Now only the cases with your particular status should display in the widget. You may need to increase the total items in widget properties, since the content list widget will still be pulling cases with various statuses.

Let us know if you need any help doing this.

Grace

• Any ideas?

• Hi Chris,

Did you see my reply above?

Grace

• Yes I did.  I am not sure what happened to my reply.

Thank you for the code.  I am having an issue though.

I created a new template called Case List Hiding Status

I copied in the CSS Override and change the code to this:

.case-list-hidden-statuses li.widget-case-status-label-new {display:block;}

Added the Custom CSS class into the widget

but I still get the new status in my list

• Hi Chris,

Could you share the page URL?

Grace

• https://connecttfs.com/spaces/120/training-space/home

• Hi Chris,

It looks like the CSS was commented out because of an unclosed comment. I fixed this for you.

The content list widget is now showing only New cases. Is this correct? You should enter the CSS class for your particular status in the line ending with {display: block;} .

Grace

• HI Grace, thank you for finding my issue

When I have all of the statuses in the CSS Override, I get odd results.  It actually brings back all three statuses to the widget.  It looks like the Custom CSS class in the widget is not working 

.case-list-hidden-statuses .widget-case-status-label-new {display:block;}
    .case-list-hidden-statuses .widget-case-status-label-inprogress {display:block;}
    .case-list-hidden-statuses .widget-case-status-label-reopened {display:block;}

Also, I started testing and I am wondering if I can put two Custom CSS classes in the widget (two different statuses) or does it only recognize one?

• Hi Chris,

Only the status you want to see should have the {display:block;} rule. The CSS I provided first hides all the cases (with {display: none;} ) then displays the one(s) you want to see (with {display:block;} ).

For example, to only see the New cases, the CSS would be:

To display more than one status in the widget, just add another {display:block;} rule for it. For example, to see both New and Re-Opened cases, the CSS would be:

.case-list-hidden-statuses .widget-case-status-label-reopened {display:block;}

Grace

• Hi Grace,

So would I have to create separate templates if I want to display different sets of statuses then with a different class names.

• Answered

Hi Chris,

You want to have multiple content list widgets on the same page, each displaying a different set of statuses, is that correct? You can differentiate the sets using "Custom CSS class" in widget properties. Here's an example:

I want one widget to display new and reopened cases, so I'll give it the custom CSS class case-set-new-reopened .

I want a second widget to display closed and fixed cases, so I'll give it the custom CSS class case-set-closed-fixed .

Then I'll add the following code in CSS overrides. For the {display:block;} rules, I now include the custom CSS classes as selectors to indicate that a rule should only be applied to a widget if it has that custom CSS class. For instance, case-status-label-new has a {display:block;} rule only for widgets with the case-set-new-reopened class.

/*Case set: new and reopened */ .case-list-hidden-statuses.case-set-new-reopened .widget-case-status-label-new {display:block;} .case-list-hidden-statuses.case-set-new-reopened .widget-case-status-label-reopened {display:block;}
    /*Case set: closed and fixed */ .case-list-hidden-statuses.case-set-closed-fixed .widget-case-status-label-closed {display:block;} .case-list-hidden-statuses.case-set-closed-fixed .widget-case-status-label-fixed {display:block;}

This is the result:

The widgets are using the same template, but because of the custom CSS class I added in the Advanced tab, they are following different CSS rules.

Grace

• Grace, Thank you very much.  This worked out great.

Have a good weekend

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)