Loading ...

View-only space permissions | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » View-only space permissions
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

View-only space permissions

Subscribe to RSS
  • cdale

Hi there, 

We would like to create a view-only role in each space. I have set up this role and permissions but noticed that the role can still comment on blogs. Is there a way to make all content view only and take away comment/like rights?

• Foster

Hi Chloie,

In your Manage Space section, you can navigate to permissions. From here you can choose the permissions for each content type separately depending on the space role. 

Let me know if you need additional help with this.

Thanks,
    Foster

• cdale

Hey  Foster Clark , 

I've gone in and set that view permission but still get the comment/like option. Is there another permission setting for comments and likes?

• cdale

Foster Clark I just saw this article and am not sure what I'm asking for is possible. Is there CSS code to exclude certain role types from commenting? 

• Foster

Hey Chloie,

At the moment there is not a way to add CSS overrides that target specific roles. I will see if I can look into an alternative for you, but one option as Matt mentioned is setting up Workflow Permissions to be able to moderate commenting. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• cdale

Thanks  Foster Clark !

We wouldn't want to moderate all comments so I'm not sure the workflow will work. I'll wait and see if you find an alternative. 

Thanks for the help, 
    Chloie

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)