Loading ...

Removing Unnecessary Language Options (and adding or requesting new language options) | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Removing Unnecessary Language Options (and adding or requesting new language options)
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Removing Unnecessary Language Options (and adding or requesting new language options)

Subscribe to RSS
  • barissusever

Hi, 

Is it possible to remove unnecessary language options (I am talking about the language options in the image attached)

Also, can you add other language options on requests? (for example we will need Turkish option)

• raghav_khunger

Hi Barış,

Those options are coming because there are locale resources present here "admin/settings/manage-localized-content":

If you want to hide that control you can hide it via CSS Overrides (/admin/settings/manage-css-overrides):

by adding the following rule:

.axero-language-selector-container{display: none;}

Thanks,
    Raghav

• barissusever

Thanks for your reply but I want to make it clear:

1- For example, can I remove only French and Spanish?

2- Can we add new language, like Turkish? I ask this because changing language from one to another works like auto translate. So it may be possible to add new lang.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Barış,

You can add a new language (translated via Bing from English) by going to your Control Panel > System > Look and Feel > Localized Content. Click the Convert Resources button, and you can add a language to be used with Communifire. You can read more about the language options in our Change the language of your intranet documentation. 

At the moment, there is not a way to delete a language from your Intranet. However, once a user chooses their preferred language, that choice is saved by the browser and they should not need to change it again.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)