Loading ...

How to "subscribe" to content in Communifire | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How to "subscribe" to content in Communifire
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How to "subscribe" to content in Communifire

Subscribe to RSS
  • daniel.simmons

We are trying to increase engagement in our instance of Communifire. A problem we're trying to solve is that stuff is happening on spaces, but nobody knows about it.

1. My first communication to my users was that content like blogs, articles, etc need to be interacted with before you get notified about activity on them. So comment or like on something and you'll get notified via email and by bell notification when something happens on that content. But users want to "subscribe" to all content within an entire space. But to my knowledge, there's no way to do that aside from daily/weekly digest emails. Is this correct?

• Digest emails aren't sent to users even if new content is posted on a space and the user is a member of that space. They have to click "get activity email" on the space sidebar. Is there anything else they can do to be notified of space activity?

2. I would perfer it if I could get digest emails only, but not emails for every single action taken in Communifire that apply to me. Just a notification bell is fine. But if I have digest emails checked ON in preferences, and "Do not send me email notifications" checked, then I get no digest emails. 

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Daniel,

Under your Manage Space settings, there are two options called Auto-subscribe new members to daily summary emails and Auto-subscribe new/existing members to all forums.

These options can make sure that everyone is getting the emails that are sent out from Communifire for each space. 

2) For this, we have a system property that addresses exactly that. It is called SendDigestsWithoutEmailNotifyEnabled. Setting this in your System Properties to True will allow that preference to be overridden.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• daniel.simmons

Hey Foster,

For #1, "Auto Subscribe new members to daily summary emails" 

1. Does that apply to existing members too if it wasn't already on?
    2. Is this summary email different from daily digest?

• Foster

Hi Daniel,

1) Yes, that applies to all members of the space, regardless of if they are new or old. 

2) No, they are the same. 

Best,
    Foster

• daniel.simmons

Foster, 

Okay I understand. So if they have daily digest turned off, enabling this won't have any effect?

Thank you for all the info!

• Foster

Hey Daniel,

That is correct, unless you have SendDigestsWithoutEmailNotifyEnabled set to true in your system properties. In that case, their email preferences would be overridden for digests.

Always happy to help out,
    Foster

• daniel.simmons

There's still an aspect of this that doesn't make sense to me. In my preferences, I have "Do not send me email notifications" checked.

However, I still received email notifications for any content that I follow. I thought this would turn this off and only the notification bell within communifire would be triggered. Is there a setting I'm missing?

• Foster

Hi Daniel,

How recently did you change these preferences, and what kind of notifications are you still getting?

Thanks,
    Foster

• daniel.simmons

That preference has been selected in this way for 2 weeks or so.

The email I get is notifications about discussion activity with the discussion name as the Subject and then here's the body.

Daniel,

A reply has been added to the topic:

"Re: CATS Weekly Challenge - week of 5/11/2020"

------------------------------------------------------------

Forum: General

Tina Simpson said:

"

*Comment Text*

"

------------------------------------------------------------

View and reply here:

https://circle.atlhub.org/spaces/72/-the-office/forums/general/2410/cats-weekly-challenge-week-of-5-11-2020?postid=2415#2415

--

Circle

https://circle.atlhub.org

• Foster

Hi Daniel,

My understanding is that you should not receive that email. I will check in with my team and run a few tests to verify this. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster

Hi Daniel,

Is this the only email that you are getting, or are you still getting all other email notifications?

Thanks,
    Foster

• daniel.simmons

Hey Foster,

I was getting emails for that discussion, so I unsubscribed from that topic. But now I am not getting emails for other content that I've followed. This is the way I prefer it, I'm just not sure what changed. 

• Foster

Hi Daniel,

So un-subscribing worked for that one topic? Everything is now sending as you prefer correct? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• daniel.simmons

Correct. I do not get emails for every single comment on posts I follow. But I'll get notified in the bell icon or via Digest email. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)