Loading ...

Outbound Email | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Outbound Email

Subscribe to RSS
  • cbunts

Hi,

We train our team members to look for emails that look suspicious and report them.  When I do send emails from our site, the friendly name is being used but it has Communifire's email address and many do not equate the friendly name from the address and question the validity.

If I change the SMTP information, does that mean the mail will be sent by our Exchange server instead of Communifire's?  I dont have a lot of experience with SMTP and I also have many different Exchange servers throughout the organization so I am trying to understand what the change would mean

A little advice would be appreciated.

.Thanks

• Foster

Hi Chris,

You can check out our Email Settings documentation for more information. But yes, you can change this information to match to your Exchange server to have that server send your sites mail as opposed to Communifire.

Thanks,
    Foster

• cbunts

Hi Foster,

How does that work?  Does something transfer from my communifire site to the Exchange server, then out or does the communifire email server just tag the emails as part of my email domain? .  

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Chris,

Communifire will use the server credentials to send emails. So when you add your own server information, Communifire uses that server instead of our default Mailgun one.

Thanks,
    Foster

• cbunts

ok, thanks.  I will have to ask if I am allowed to do that.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)