Loading ...

Sharepoint Files | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Sharepoint Files

Subscribe to RSS
  • cbunts

Once you set up the sync for Sharepoint, do you need to grant access to the Space syncing it from Sharepoint or are all Sharepoint sites available to the Space after configuring the function.

Also, can you just browse those Sharepoint files without syncing?

thanks

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

Once you complete the Sharepoint and OneDrive Sync Administrator Setup and add a connected account in the Control Panel or Manage Space, you need to add drives (document libraries) in Manage Space: External Drives . This is where you can select the Sharepoint site and its document library. Only the document libraries you add in External Drives will be available for users in the space's Files section. Take a look at Manage Space: Add External Drive .

Users must connect their Office account in Files to see the Sharepoint files. Take a look at Sharepoint and OneDrive Sync User Setup .

Grace

• cbunts

Hi Grace,

If my environment contains multiple Microsoft tenants and some of the documents in either Sharepoint or One Drive are shared among team members in different tenants, will that be inherited by Communifire?

For example, I have a document and I am part of tenant A, and I grant you access to that document through One Drive Sharing and you are part of tenant B, will the file sharing in Communifire allow you to get to that document not matter what tenant I am part of.  

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

I am looking into this for you.

Grace

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Chris,

Each tenant needs its own app in Azure AD > App registrations. Once you add the tenant-specific app key and secret in the Control Panel or Manage Space, you can select OneDrive or the specific Sharepoint site and its document library.

Shared OneDrive files are not pulled into Communifire currently. We are planning to add this functionality in the future. If the file appears in the Shared area of OneDrive, it should be pulled into Communifire once this functionality has been added. I don't believe this is the case for files shared between users of different tenants however.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)