Loading ...

Remove Caption Message when Posting Photos | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Remove Caption Message when Posting Photos
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Remove Caption Message when Posting Photos

Subscribe to RSS
  • LindsayS

Anytime I post to a space and want to add a photo to the post, there is a tacky message/caption that appears above the photo - "Added a photo in Activity Stream Photos". After this message, the name of the file appears. This message/caption is redundant and unnecessary - obviously I added a photo! - and it's also unneeded to list the file name. Overall, it just detracts from the post.

Most of the time, part of the photo is cut off too. Aesthetically, the post looks like it has something attached and the audience is just seeing a sample of the image. It does not look like the photo is part of the post. I've attached an example.

Is there a way to remove the message/caption and prevent the photo from being cut off? I'd like photos to appear flush with the post (think how it would appear if posted to Facebook or Instagram), and not like it's an attachment underneath the post.  

This is important for two reasons. 1) It makes official announcements from HR or the Executive team look unprofessional, and 2) it's discouraging when staff post important personal announcements, like a photo of a new baby, and the post is cluttered/the image is cut off.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

• Foster

Hi Lindsay,

Is this occurring when you are posting directly to the spaces wall? Or when you upload the photo via other means?

Thanks,
    Foster

• LindsayS

Hi Foster,

This happens when I post directly to a space's wall from my laptop, whether I drag-and-drop the photo or browse for it in files. I have not tested uploading a photo from the mobile app as I mainly use my laptop.

Thanks!

~Lindsay

• Foster

Hi Lindsay,

You should be able to remove this caption by adding the following line to your CSS Overrides .

.axero-wall-entry-post-title{display:none;}

If you need any help with doing this, please let me know and I would be happy to add it for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• LindsayS

Hi Foster,

Thank you for finding a solution.

Yes, would you please add that line to our CSS Overides? I am not confident to do it myself.

Again, thank you.

~Lindsay

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Lindsay,

I have added the line to your CSS overrides, you should no longer see that line on wall posts that you submit.

If you have any issues with this, please do not hesitate to let me know. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• LindsayS

I'm thrilled to hear this. 

Thank you so much!

~Lindsay

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)