Loading ...

Homepage Slideshow content List | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Homepage Slideshow content List
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Homepage Slideshow content List

Subscribe to RSS
  • lmcdonald

Hi,

Currently we have a slide show of pictures form recent events on our homepage. What I am looking to do is keep it the way it is, but I want to add an image (not currently finished yet, but will be soon) that will link to a video that is posted in another space. Is this possible?

Thanks!

• Foster

Hi Liz,

The easiest way I can think of to do this, is to use the URL Mapper  to redirect users from the image in the content list, to the video that you want to show. 

This way, the image will be able to be added to the image list as you normally would, but clicking on it would take the user to the video instead. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• lmcdonald

Thanks Foster! I was directed to a screen that told me I need to join that space, and am now Pending Approval to be added.

• Foster

Hi Liz!

My apologies, I linked the wrong space. You can check out our URL Mapper documentation via the (correct) link in this comment.

Thanks,
    Foster

• lmcdonald

So we don't have any current mapping: 

Do I have to create mapping, if so how would I do that?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Liz,

So once you click Add URL Mapper, you can enter the Old URL (the url to the photo you are adding in the content list), then add the new URL (the url to the video you would like to redirect to) then select Type 301. Don't forget to check off Is Active

Once you've done this you should be all set to go!

Thanks,
    Foster

• lmcdonald

Great, seems easy enough! Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)