Loading ...

Background color of a CMS page | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Background color of a CMS page
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Background color of a CMS page

Subscribe to RSS
  • cbunts

Hi,

I am looking to change the background color of a CMS page.  How do I do that?  I have been experimenting with the code behind the Rich Text Editor but with no luck.  I am assuming that it will be a little bit of HTML that needs to put in the page.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks

• Foster

Hey Chris,

I'm looking into this for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Foster

Hey Chris,

Try adding this to the CSS overrides:

.axero-section{background: #hexcolorhere;}

This may however effect all CMS pages, are you looking to modify just a single page? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• cbunts

Hi Foster,

I will try this. However,  right now I am looking at one set of pages (specific department type pages) that would share a color but I do not want to be limited if I have another department want a different background color so I will need the ability to change it without impacting the others.

• cbunts

Hi Foster,

I made the change and you are right that it changes all CMS pages.  What I did not realize was that it modified the look of our cases.  As of right now, I have disable the feature  

• Foster

Hey Chris,

I'll look into a way to make this modify only a single CMS page.

Thanks,
    Foster

• nvstiers
    Answered

Hi Chris,

Every CMS page has a custom CSS Class in the Body element.

Use your browser's developer tools to find it.

In this example you can see the custom CSS Class of your Excel Power Pivot CMS page is:

ax-cms-pg-excel-power-pivot

So you can use this class in your CSS rule to target just this page when changing the background.

.ax-cms-pg-excel-power-pivot .axero-section{background: #hexcolorhere;}

• cbunts

Thank you Nathaniel - this is exactly what I needed.  Thanks Foster for digging deeper for me.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)