Loading ...

Possible to Filter Out using Filter Field in People Directory | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Possible to Filter Out using Filter Field in People Directory
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Possible to Filter Out using Filter Field in People Directory

Subscribe to RSS
  • jroark

Hello, I am curious if there is a way to use the "Filter Field" or another mechanism to Filter OUT  individuals or accounts so that they do not show up in our People Directory? These are mostly service accounts which are active and used - but don't offer any real value to the people directory. 

Thank you!

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Jeff,

Yes there is! Under Manage People, click on the gear Icon of the account you would like to hide, then select Preferences. 

Here there is an option called Share My Profile. Uncheck this option, and the profile will no longer appear in areas like the People Directory.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• jroark

Thank you Foster. I have changed the settings to look like this. I will give it a shot. Appreciate your quick response. 

• Foster

Hey Jeff,

Yes that looks correct. Let me know how that works out for you.

Best,
    Foster

• jroark

From what I can tell.. It doesn't look like this has removed the user from the People Directory or filtered results of the People Directory. In my test - it does look like the account has been removed from the global site and space search results.

Would I need to do any kind of re-indexing for this to take effect?

• Foster

Hey Jeff,

Yes it is possible that a re-index could be needed. As the the old profile option is still probably being loaded when you navigate to browse people.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)