Loading ...

How is the preview of a video determined? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How is the preview of a video determined?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How is the preview of a video determined?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

I used to do a black transition fade at the beginning of my videos, but that would make the video preview showing only black. Nowadays, I cut straight to the footage so that the first thing in the preview is the first seconds of the video.

In a recent video I just uploaded, the preview is showing the first 5 seconds instead of the intro, which is only 3 seconds. I did another test of this video and made my intro 5 seconds long, but it still isn't loading the intro portion as the preview.

How do I determine where the preview starts in the video so that it doesn't end up loading a part where someone's mouth is gaping and their eyes are closed?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

Currently previews are captured 5 seconds from the start of the video. Right now, we are not able to change the way this is selected.

If you find a bad image is selected, you may want to use a basic video editing software to add or remove a quarter second or so from the beginning of the video to get a different frame selected. 

I hope that this helps out,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)