Loading ...

File Folder Creation and Viewing | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » File Folder Creation and Viewing
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

File Folder Creation and Viewing

Subscribe to RSS
  • jeburns

Good morning.  Recently I had a moderator who was unable to create folders/subfolders in the Files section on a specific Space.  I went ahead (as a Administrator) and created the folders for her.  Another moderator made note that they cannot even see the folders we had just created.  I checked with a Member level user and they do not see the folders either.  I checked their permissions by going to manage space, permissions, files, and selecting one of the new folders created.  Admins, Mods, and Members all have create, view, edit, delete checked.  And Admin and Mod have all of the same permissions checked.  Is there something else I am missing?

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

Which space is this happening for?

Grace

• jeburns

It is under our Sales space.

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

I checked with a moderator and a member user's account, and I was able to see the Marketing Flyers Email folder. Could you share the name of a user who isn't able to see that folder?

Grace

• jeburns

So myself (admin) and Julieth Lopez (mod) can see the folders.  Shawn Smith (mod) and Hong Nguyen(member) cannot see them.

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Jeff,

Shawn Smith and Hong Nguyen are not members of the space. Add them to the space using Add People to Space , and they should be able to see the folders.

Alternatively, you can set file permissions in the space to allow non-space-members to see files. To do this, go to Manage Space > Permissions > Folder, and check the View, View All Directory, and View All permissions for the Guest role for each folder. Files in the space will then be visible to everyone on the intranet.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)