Loading ...

How to Prevent Videos From Being Downloaded | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How to Prevent Videos From Being Downloaded
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How to Prevent Videos From Being Downloaded

Subscribe to RSS
  • jeburns

Is there a way to post a video but disabling the ability to download it by the users?

• Foster

Hi Jeff,

Is this for all videos or just one specific video? We could come up with some CSS to hide the download option for all videos, but for single videos you cannot turn off the ability to download them.

Thanks,
    Foster

• jeburns

I wasn't told what content was trying to be used or anything just if the function existed.  I believe the intent was to post a specific video and prevent downloading.  However if they only way to go about it is to have a general "on/off" switch for all video downloads then I can present that solution.  We currently do not post many videos let alone ones intended for distribution outside the intranet anyway.

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Jeff,

You can do this in Manage Space > Permissions > Video Permissions . Uncheck the Download permission for all the roles you want to prevent from downloading videos created in that space.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)