Loading ...

Emails | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
  • RDevereux

Hi there, 

We are having some problems with the email functionality of our Communifire. We think that we have switched all of the right settings on but we aren't receiving emails when we would expect. Could someone look into this and let us know whether there's a setting issue?

We would like emails to be sent to everyone in our community at the following moments:

• We publish our company newsletter in a space on Communifire and we would like the community to get an email notification when the newsletter is published onto the site.
    • We would like a summary email of all of the new content added to the site once a week (?)
    • We have a forum space and we would like an email notification to come through to everyone in the commuity when someone posts a new discussion topic on the forum. 

We are unable to receive any emails despite subscribing to spaces, requesting activity emails etc. I've looked extensively at the help center but I haven't found my answer. Could you let me know what we need to change within the settings?

Thanks, Richenda

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Richenda,

Are you receiving any emails at all, or is just these issues that you are not receiving emails for? 

As for your specific instances you would like emails sent: 

1) We publish our company newsletter in a space on Communifire and we would like the community to get an email notification when the newsletter is published onto the site.

1. If the newsletter is published as an Article, this typically does not send an email notification. You can check out our Notifications documentation to see what sends the user a notification. You can tag these articles with Required Reading and this will cause an email to be sent to all of the members that they are required to view the article.

2)  We would like a summary email of all of the new content added to the site once a week.

1. You have the option to send out a Weekly Digest Email that summarizes the week in a users Communifire site. This is not on your site in the form of content, but is a summary email.

3) We have a forum space and we would like an email notification to come through to everyone in the community when someone posts a new discussion topic on the forum.

1. When you are viewing a discussion forum, you should be able to click the gear icon, and select Subscribe to this Forum. This will make it so an email is sent to you every time a new discussion is posted. 

I hope this helps you out.

Thank you,
    Foster

• RDevereux

Hi Foster,

Is there a way of making it so that everytime a response is commented on the forum that someone gets an email? I.e. if I publish a topic on the discussion board, how can we notify the staff if someone replies to the email?

Thanks, Richenda

• nvstiers

Hi Richenda,

Because Communifire is so flexible, there are many ways to make announcements and notify users of new content.

We wrote a guide on this subject that explains several different ways you can communicate and notify your users.

How to Make an Announcement 

• mtrujillo

Hey Richenda,

There are 2 ways people can be notified:

1. Each person can subscribe to their forum of choice. Subscribe to Forum .
    2. Auto subscribe everyone to all forums in a space so they receive email notifications for new topics.

Manage Space: Settings > Auto-subscribe new/existing members to all forums.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)